Buying jumps - advice appreciated!

Bertie1

Visit site
I'm on the market for a new set of practice show jumps to use at home, and being a skinflint I don't want to pay too much!

I like the tall cylinder-shaped lightweight plastic wings (unijumps?) with the cups that swivel round, and plastic poles, but they don't have to be fancy.

Have looked at Polyjumps, which are great, but was wondering if anyone knew of anything better/cheaper.

Thank you so much!

GinaB

Visit site
Have a trawl through ebay, they always have plenty to offer but many of them are pick up only but you may find someone in your area selling something suitable

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
After having plastic I would never buy wood again. The only problem with the plastic is they have faded a bit after being left outside in the sun.
We have several really tall sloping wings which are great for spreads, several block type ones and a load of plasic very hard ex oil containers which are around 18" square, have cut outs as part of their design and make fantastic things for building either walls or canter poles.
I bought them for 28p each at an auction, I had to wait all day but worth it!
I think ebay is your best source, try a wanted ad on there.

WHOKNOWSWHAT

Visit site
a cheep alternative is old car wheels, if you have a local welder who can put you some box profile steal onto the wheel then a lenth of 4"x4" with holes drilled in to accomodate the cups, they work out about £20 pair and there easy to move!!!!