buying saddles

siennamum

Visit site
I simply daren't buy a saddle from ebay, it needs to be fitted prior to purchase. So where do I buy a nice 2nd hand, wide 16" to 16.5" GP saddle from?
Anyone have any suggestions, I've tried the usual places with no joy.

Kelly1982

Visit site
I get mine from a local saddler but also our local tack shop sells 2nd hand saddles and they will come out and fit them for you.

Failing that i brought one of mine off the net and then got a saddler to come out and check/fit it for me. I did buy from an online shop though rather than ebay as you dont really know what your getting and i was worried the tree could be broken or something.

Alibear

Visit site
Ring round the local tack shops that have fitter and explain what I need and book them bring a selection out. I tend to tell them price range rather than it must be second hand.

luane1

Visit site
I have actually bought 2 Albion saddles from ebay with great success I have been able to chat to the owners and sussed out that they were genuine. I also was able to borrow saddles from others in our yard and the YO helped me with the fit I wanted so I was able then to buy exactly the right size. It has meant that with a recognised brand that cost something over £900 I was able to buy for £500 in one case and £600 in the other. Good luck. I am an avid ebayer and get jods, show shirts, rugs, polypads, boots etc all at teriffic bargains and usually brand new.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
Garratts are ace - give them a call!
I have had all my saddles from there for the last 20 years and have never had a horse with a sore back. My first one was for my 13hh SHP so they definately do ponies and some nice working hunter saddles which I always had. Even now have bought 3 saddles off them this year and get them checked for free and I always borrow several to try first for a couple of weeks.

Happytohack

Visit site
Our local saddler is ace - brought out loads of saddles and then said he would leave me with a couple of them to try for a while if I wanted! Suggest you try local saddler.