Buying safety wear

holeymoley

Visit site
Surely if you were to buy a new riding hat it should come in some kind of box or bag? Not just handed over as it is. Or have we done away with that much packaging that this no longer happens? It’s been a while since I’ve bought a new riding hat but I’m a bit perplexed and in two minds as to my thoughts on this and whether I really want to accept it. How do I know it’s not been dropped while on the shelf/being put on display?

Just to be clearer my husband picked it up on the way home after I ordered it online. Silly beggars have given him the wrong size so it’ll have to go back anyway but unsure if I really want another if it just gets handed out like that.

?

SpeedyPony

Visit site
I bought a new one a couple of months ago and that came in a bag, inside a cardboard box. I'd be surprised at just getting the hat as is, after all surely they're easier to store in a box?

AFB

Visit site
My CO's were in bags & boxes, when they bought out another brand for me to try one (Gatehouse IIRC) they were in more structured hat bags and didn't seem to be boxed.

Pippity

Visit site
My Uvex came in a box. Both my Gatehouses came wrapped in tissue paper inside a padded, structured hat bag. Anything that came completely bare, I'd suspect had been on the shelves for a while for people to try on.

All

Visit site
my helmet i got a couple of years ago just came in a carrier bag (it came from a local tac shop and they had to order it in in my size as well)