Buying Unseen?

noodle_

Visit site
Im not talking riding horses as this isnt something i have the experience to do,,,,or want too tbh!!

But.....would you buy a foal/weanling upto 3 years old - unseen??

If they are on the other side of the country and due to work etc you couldnt get there - would you??

ive always been drummed into "view before buy" but pictures alone with a youngster i knew that i want.....and bought her - the viewing bit was just to hand over money really....

:)

Beau jangles

Visit site
I just bought a foal at 5 days old , I went to see him to make sure he was my type and what I expected of him , saw both his parents aswell , I would always go see a horse regardless of age , I am also friends with the breeder of my new colt and I still went to see him, I will also be having a 2 stage vetting organised before I bring him home, if its what you really want then it is worth a day of work to go see him.

pedilia

Visit site
I bought my now 3 year old unseen, as a 5 month old, she came to be when she was weaned.
She came from Ireland and I had bought a horse already form the same breeder, so I knew the filly would be exactly what she said it was.
I had seen extensive photos of her, Mum, Dad and full siblings.

rowan666

Visit site
Its not really all that different from buying at auction, which alot of people do me included, ive bought a horse off the back of one bad photo and brief (false) description but turned out ive struck gold! But i would only buy unseen with money that could afford to be lost should worst case scenario happen

Asha

Visit site
Its not really all that different from buying at auction, which alot of people do me included, ive bought a horse off the back of one bad photo and brief (false) description but turned out ive struck gold! But i would only buy unseen with money that could afford to be lost should worst case scenario happen

Agree with this ^^

I bought a yearling from a photo. Turned out to be the nicest mare you could wish to meet. I did know the breeder.