Buying wood pellets

Ceriann

Visit site
I'm about to buy a pallet of wood pellets and having done some research have opted for white horse platinum plus. On the website you opt to pay 5% or 20%. Given we could use wood pellets for fuel why would we opt to pay more VAT? What does everyone else do?!

Annagain

Visit site
It's a matter for your conscience I suppose. I don't think anyone would check up on you so they're relying on your honesty. Do you complain about the super-rich avoiding tax? It's the same principle albeit on a much, much smaller scale.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I absolutely pay 5% who wouldn't!
It doesn't matter where they are delivered too either (I've seen a post where a lady worried the driver would know!)
Firstly the driver won't care and secondly they could be for use elsewhere anyway.
I've had a delivery to a farm and one to a residential street.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
5%!

Just remember to check your delivery for broken packaging. I've used WHE for same pellets (which are brilliant) but while in storage (still in the pallet wrapping which had no damage to it) lots of the bags broke up and pellets spilled out of them. They will only entertain complaints if you notify them straight away; because mine had been ordered early and not started for over a month, they didn't want to know. Those pellets are great, the bag packaging isn't.

Ceriann

Visit site
Great - thanks everyone! I didn't fancy a vat interrogation on delivery but it doesn't sound like anyone there cares!