Bye Bye old man ... Convinced he waited for me to be there!

wildcard

Visit site
what a brave and wonderful owner you sound this has just brought me to tears reading. im sure he went knowing just how lucky he was to have had such a great mum who clearly loved him dearly and what a great age he was. My thoughts are with you. HUGE hugs coming from us. xxxxxxxxxxx

Rosehip

Visit site
Im so very sorry for your loss LL, he sounds a lovely chap, and very lucky to have had you in his life. Both mine waited for me too, and I'd like to hope the one's I have now will do when the time comes.
When I helped a friend with her elderlys horses time I took comfort from the fact that anything that happens after they have passed cant hurt them, no matter how horrible it looks. I helped the knackerman load my friends horse, and I helped the crematorium load my very old chappy, and its not nice, but neither of them knew a thing.

Hugs for you, tonight will feel very empty, but tomorrow will feel slightly better, and each day after that the hurt will ease. RIP Trigger xx

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
Gosh, that made me cry! How lovely he waited for you to be with him, knowing you loved him. He must have wanted you to be there in his last moments. Bless you, I'm so sorry, but what a wonderful life he had. Treasure your memories, he'll always be there with you whatever. RIP Trigger xxx

Daffodil

Visit site
What a heartbreaking day. Take comfort that he did wait for you, you were there to help and comfort him and to ensure that his passing was as dignified and gentle as it could be.

RIP Trigger xx

cambrica

Visit site
Oh my word, I am in tears. What a privalege to own such a wonderful horse and how lucky he was to have you by his side. May you soon forget this day and remember only the great times.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think he was lucky that you decided to go and get him in today. Much better than him going down sometime tonight or when noone was around. RIP.

pines of rome

Visit site
So sorry, you two obviously had a special relationship, lovely that you were with him! When they leave us its the hardest part of having them, but he will not be forgotten! x

PolarSkye

Visit site
I'm so very sorry Sweetheart . . . it sounds like he went pretty quickly and you were right there with him . . . and now he's forever young and free of stiffness and any kind of pain.

Your heart must be breaking - but it will get better with time - and what lovely memories you have of a truly great friend.

P

Peegeesmum

Visit site
I know exactly how you feel. I went through the same thing last Monday. I too held my boys head & told him that I'd got him,& that I love him as he gently fell asleep in my arms. Big strong hugs to you.xxxxx

pintoarabian

Visit site
Sincere condolences. He was obviously very much loved. I lost my 32 year old Welsh Sec A mare last Monday under almost identical circumstances. She had never had a day's illness in her life until that day but, despite the vets trying their best, it was her time and we lost her. Almost all of the things you wrote happened to me that day. I can certainly understand exactly how you must be feeling. I had owned my mare for 30 years and she made me smile every day because of her wonderful character. Like yours, she will be sadly missed.

Xander

Visit site
I'm sorry about the sad loss of your horse but happy you could be there with him.
It was obviously his time to go and he wouldn't have worried or suffered. As others have said he had a happy life with his mums, and you should be proud of yourselves for that.