BYRDS

trelawnyhorses1

Visit site
Iv been offered te ride on a horse to try out for BYRDS squads, and iv been told i would have to do one of thre specific BYRDS tests rather than a BD test, does anyone know where i could get these tests?? and has anyone got any experience of BYRDS iv only ever done straight BD and BYRDS sounds very confusing to me , Thanks

GlamourDol

Visit site
Hey, i did BYRDS for a long time, before going onto BD Squads.
If you are a YR and want to do FEI squads etc then yes you need to be at PSG, but for the BYRDS suads you dont.
They do alot of training and are a good starting point, but if you want to do BD teams you need to be competing at the Premier Leagues etc.#

From what i can remember the test are quite simple, things like simple changes, shoulder in etc, but dont quote me on that!
If you need any more info then just let me know, been doing it for years, and started off at a viewing day age 11 on my pony and went through to Junior FEI squads, and hopefully back to YR's next year on my new one (lol sorry very excited just had to get it on there)
Good luck and Have fun!
xx

Dutch

spaces.msn.com
That's great! I used to do BYRDS and used to be the editor of the BYRDS newsletter!!
smile.gif

It depends, on how old you are and which team you are aiming for, as to the level but the biggest part of BYRDS is the training, BYRDS is the training and not the teams, really.

So you could be 20 and working novice and still go to a lot of training and things or you could be 14 and working medium level and aiming for a team place there is a lot you can do!

Have fun

Diana