Caldene Knee Boots

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I'm just wondering if anybody uses these knee boots for jumping stone walls and what they think of the boots in general. I've purchased a pair of Caldene Knee Boots today, for the Opening Meet this Sunday as it's a stone wall day. Now I have hunted two seasons jumping stone walls without knee boots, just brushing boots on all four legs, but recently horses have been injuring themselves whilst jumping, so I thought I'd better buy some. Do the Caldene ones work, and do they slip in faster work, as I don't really want to have to be getting off to put them back up. They will be here tomorrow, and I'll try them on her either tomorrow or Saturday.

googol

Visit site
Sorry can't help but this will hopefully bump for u
I have the westropp ones for hacking but not adventurous to hunt lol

Holly Hocks

Visit site
I bought some for my youngster for hacking on the roads. I didn't rate the Caldene ones really. When they were tight enough to stay up, they were really difficult to fasten. One then broke and slipped down her leg on a hack after only a few weeks use. I think there are better ones out there.

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I bought some for my youngster for hacking on the roads. I didn't rate the Caldene ones really. When they were tight enough to stay up, they were really difficult to fasten. One then broke and slipped down her leg on a hack after only a few weeks use. I think there are better ones out there.

Thank you for posting. I'll try them on her on Saturday, and jump in them to see how I feel, if I think they're OK and don't slip I'll wear them on Sunday, otherwise I just won't jump this weekend :( Better safe than sorry though.

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Update. The knee boots slipped as soon as we set off :'P But one of the whips had kindly given me a pair of her old pony's leather knee boots, and they fit perfectly and don't slip! :)

ironhorse

Visit site
We had some Caldene sport boots in for a product test and I have to say that they were rubbish - didn't fit any of our test horses (14.2 - 16.2), horrid, inflexible materials and rubbish fastenings. Sorry - I don't rate their horse stuff at all which is a shame, their riding wear used to be among the best.

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
We had some Caldene sport boots in for a product test and I have to say that they were rubbish - didn't fit any of our test horses (14.2 - 16.2), horrid, inflexible materials and rubbish fastenings. Sorry - I don't rate their horse stuff at all which is a shame, their riding wear used to be among the best.

Yes, the rider wear was (maybe still is) good, but so far I'm not impressed with their horse boots. Also, on my 13.3hh NF mare who is a fine NF, the boots didn't fasten well. They were quiet inflexible, and once the velcro was done up (very difficult to do) they got wide on the sides, so slipped down easily. I may just use them for hacking, but I do lots of fast work, so they'd also probably slip.