Caldene Ring HOYS

bellasmum

Visit site
For the third year running punch-ups were very nearly taking place over the lack of seating being catered for in this ring!! With ever growing M&M enthusiasts, I think HOYs really need to address this situation for next year. We are paying a lot of money to basically stand to watch at this arena, children are missing out because they cannot see over the barriers and the lowest tier of the seating is lower than the barrier height!! People were saving seats for their friends who didn't turn up for ages, surely time a move to a larger hall with adequate seating is the best move, I can't actually believe they do the workers in this ring too!! Total shambles in my opinion!!

Chumsmum

Visit site
We were lucky enough to get a seat. I feel sorry for the people who couldn't get one - I agree, they need to sort this out - people coming from the main arena said that is was virtually empty in there but it was crammed in the Caldene Ring. To be fair to the stewards, I think they were doing their best to stop people saving seats and were directing people to empty seats but these were mainly on the front row and you couldn't see anything!
BTW - we loved the Chestnut Shetland (though I am biased - love Shetties
smile.gif

bellasmum

Visit site
Red Amber? was divine!! remember it in the novice classes a couple of years ago, totally fell asleep while standing in line in the Lead Rein class!! LMAO – he must of been exhausted – after the excellent gallop in the main arena in the M&M pony of the year final and being champion and doing to well in the mini classes. TBH something has got to be done for next year, but will they listen!! How would you go about getting things changed?

magicgirl

Visit site
HOYS won't move us to the main ring unless we have big sponsership. When you look at how many entries the M&M classes have at the qualifiers compared to Hacks and Hunters. They get more money from us in levees and still treat us as second class citizens

The ring is bigger than you think and was fine to do the workers in, it was big enough for 30 ponies to warm up in without muh trouble.

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Please bear in mind that the hunters are mostly 17-18hh high and 25-30 of them thundering around the Caldene arena would be a nightmare. Also, the judge rides in this class and again, it is helpful to have a bit more space for them.
The small hunters are in the Caldene arena, but they are only 15.2 and therefore a bit nippier than an 18hh 4 year old! They also have the ladies in the Caldene, but again, it is a smaller class and more civilised than the open hunters.