Calling Spotty Experts

geegee1959

Visit site
Could i ask for some help from any Spotty experts on the forum please?I have got a Yearling out of a Chestnut Mare and sired by a Appaloosa Stallion.He is Chestnut with a few spots at the moment and i am just wondering what color he will probably end up.He has 2 a year old half Brother by the same Stallion(not mine)who was born Chesnut and he has really spotted out and i am wondering if my Lad may follow suit?
This is my Boy Last December

His Dam
URL=http://s208.photobucket.com/user/filliegina/media/Sophie%20and%20Shane%202012--2013/018_zpsce88183f.jpg.html]
018_zpsce88183f.jpg
[/URL]

LazyS

Visit site
Not a spotty 'expert' but the answer is - he will probably lose more chestnut hair or 'roan out' and there may be spots hidden .... what markings did the stallion have?
The special thing about Appaloosas is that you never know what colour-scheme they could end up unless they start out as a white born few spot (I have one of these). If the stallion was a few spot then crossing onto a 'solid' mare is likely (but not guaranteed) to produce a spotted youngster, it varies as to how fast or how slow they 'roan out'. One of mine started off with a bay head, neck, legs and shoulders, he roaned out between yearling and two years. Keep taking pictures as it is great to look back.

supaspot

Visit site
difficult to say without knowing which patterns the stallion carries ( and if he carries varnish) but Id guess yours will be an extended blanket spot