Calmer recommendations?

Chloe087

Visit site
Hi,

I’ve been looking to purchase a calmer supplement for my mare - Irish sports horse. She’s only just turned 5 and has only been backed since June - a lot of her training was very rushed so I think this also has a slight effect on her anxiety. I’ve only had her since September and we are taking her training very thorough but slowly and it all seems to be going well. She is quite spooky and jumps at her own shadow if she has chance. 90% of the time she’s amazing but the other 10% she can be a nightmare. There’s obviously loads of calmers out there but didn’t know if anyone recommended certain ones..

She’s obviously still young and very green, but I think it will help with our training until she gets a little more confident in her own skin.

Thanks x

MonkeyTheNF

Visit site
No more nerves by ?equinenutritive? Works wonders on my mums VERY moody and anxious 5 year old mare. Just type in "no more nerves horse supplement" on google and it comes up.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I had similar with one of mine, young and unable to stop and think when she was anxious. I gave her dried valerian for a month, about a tablespoon everyday and it sort of "reset" her nerves and she has not needed any for a good while. She ate it well to begin with and then decided that she didn't want it any more, so appeared to be self regulating.

Chloe087

Visit site
Thank you all for your recommendations really appreciate your help. I've purchased the equine america so kalm liquid, after speaking to my vet for a bit of advice if it doesn't work then ill try some others as it seems its pretty much trial and error.. Its an odd one really, as she isn't marish so doesn't need any hormonal supplement. She just gets really anxious (most of the time over nothing!!) and she struggles to get herself through it without having a major melt down sometimes!! I was schooling her the other day and a leaf flew at her head which made her have a nervous breakdown which then kept her mind occupied elsewhere and not on her training - which was great fun!! (NOT!)

TinkyMole123

Visit site
Thank you all for your recommendations really appreciate your help. I've purchased the equine america so kalm liquid, after speaking to my vet for a bit of advice if it doesn't work then ill try some others as it seems its pretty much trial and error.. Its an odd one really, as she isn't marish so doesn't need any hormonal supplement. She just gets really anxious (most of the time over nothing!!) and she struggles to get herself through it without having a major melt down sometimes!! I was schooling her the other day and a leaf flew at her head which made her have a nervous breakdown which then kept her mind occupied elsewhere and not on her training - which was great fun!! (NOT!)

Hi sorry just browsing the forums. did the calmer you bought work im having similar issues?

Thanks

Chloe087

Visit site
Hi, No worries at all.
The calmer i brought didnt work, i tried a few. The only one that worked that ive had her on for a few months was EquiNutritive calmer, i've decided to take her off it now due to her training being further on and to be honest the delivery from the company always took too long. I couldnt recommend it high enough, i'd defintley buy it again. I do have one for sale actually as it came to late so i decided to take her off it. Unopened and unused if you want to give it a go.

TinkyMole123

Visit site
Hi, No worries at all.
The calmer i brought didnt work, i tried a few. The only one that worked that ive had her on for a few months was EquiNutritive calmer, i've decided to take her off it now due to her training being further on and to be honest the delivery from the company always took too long. I couldnt recommend it high enough, i'd defintley buy it again. I do have one for sale actually as it came to late so i decided to take her off it. Unopened and unused if you want to give it a go.

thanks ive got an equine america super kalm plus? just opened trying to see how its worked for other people. if no luck i will deffo try the one you have suggested

thankyou so much