calming supplements....................................for riders!!

L

lilym

has anyone used these?? do they work??? i have rather adventurousley entered a mini one day event
crazy.gif
jumping is not my forte, but i let myself be talked into it!! the jumps will be tiny, so maybe it will do us both good, but the problem i am having with my jumping is my nerves......i imagine all sorts of horrible things happening, and start to interfere with my horse, when what she needs is riding forward, i really rode at a 2' log last week and she flew it......so i can do it, but when my nerves get the better of me, i freeze, my legs stop moving and i hold my breath!! my heart rate shoots up and adrenaline pumps, all for a 2' jump, thank christ i don't event!!!!
what worries me most is being jumped off, so i'm having a neckstrap LOL! and if there's anything i am not happy with i won't jump it, it's only a fun local thing so no pressure.....sorry to waffle,
so.....was just wondering if anyone uses those herbal calming supps of bach etc and what you think, i have 2 weeks to find something that works, and have booked a couple of jumping lessons too!
crazy.gif
crazy.gif

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Agreed, Rescue remedy does seem to calm the rider. Try & sit quietly on your horse & just ride nice & gently to the fence. So many people 'Fire' their horses into a fence when it's not needed. The jump is just a slight extension of the canter. Don't try too hard because then, as you have said. you'll mess with the horse unnecessarily. If you are so concerned have a neck strap but ride quietly but with confidence & a spray of bachs.
Good Luck
smile.gif
wink.gif

princesskelly

Visit site
agree with everyone rescue remedy does work. i lost my nerve jumping so i went back to showjumping 2' feel a lot better now i'm up to 2'6 now! good luck i'm sure you will fine if i can do it anyone can!
smile.gif

icklechlo

Visit site
yep use rescue remedy! i used it before my first xc when i was doing pairs with my friend, works a treat, made me a bit giggly, but id rather be hyper than worried!