Cambridge horse sales - lordsbridge

welshpony

Visit site
I've heard that they're not particularly nice but having never been, I could be completely wrong! And that's all the person said, so have no idea what "nice" really meant.

Happytohack

Visit site
I've been once. Quite a few horses changed hands outside the ring when I went. Quite a few didn't make the reserve and were sold afterwards and therefore had no warranty. If they are sold through the ring there is a warranty - it was 3 days when I went. There is an indoor and outdoor ring where you can try the horses. I wouldn't go again -

parsley

Visit site
I was considering taking the pony there - not because he deserves to go but because circumstances have changed and my son can't ride him any more - which means that he is not being used at the momment. Unfortunatly it isn't the time of year to sell a pony and I am fairly reluctant to wait until spring as I don't think that having 5 to 6 months off will be much good for him.

Not sure what to do really.
frown.gif

Clodagh

Visit site
Have been there, its horrible. Don't do it to pony! Is there not a riding school or anything that could use him for the time that you are stuck?

Have been wondering, and probably missed it, how is Bomber?

parsley

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I think your pony is too nice for Lordsbridge. I think the nice ones, as JulieL says, tend not to get sold as people are mainly out for a 'bargain'.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was worried about - I have seen a lot of the local dealers there
frown.gif
Its a complete bu**er really
frown.gif
frown.gif
I am a bit pushed for time to decide as it isn't often that the sales fall due in my holidays so its a bit now or never.

Does anyone know of any nicer ones that aren't half way across the country?

welshpony

Visit site
Would you be able to loan him to someone for the winter? Or even get someone to ride him; we did that for six months or so, just paid a tenner a week and rode the pony every day.

parsley

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Is there not a riding school or anything that could use him for the time that you are stuck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Realistically I don't think a riding school would want a pony at the start of winter because of the cost of keep and really I'm not sure that being hauled around by beginners will be any better for him.

Bomber is absolutely great now (and keeping my faith in life going!) He is very happily settled in his new home and hacking out nicely again. I just keep smelling his breath to check the sinisitus hasn't come back. the vet does this when he comes - Bomber must think its a very strange human trait
grin.gif

parsley

Visit site
I did think about a loan but the paper is full of people with ponies and horses for loan at the momment, with very few people looking. I wasn't sure if anyone would want a pony on loan just through the winter. There isn't anyone at the yard he is at to ride him - most of them have enough with thier own horses! However, this is an alternative I've thought of - I could almost stomach trying to find the money to keep him through the winter if I thought he was being used and not deterioating with want to stay in fielditus
smirk.gif

welshpony

Visit site
I'm sure you'd be able to find someone willing to come and ride him for you - there's lots of pony-less people at riding schools and things who are confident/experienced who'd probably jump at the opportunity.

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
I have taken a local dealer to the Cambridge Horse Sale (lorry was outt of action) to sell two horses. Many of the horses are sold outside the ring and it is very much a dealers sale. If you have any compasion for your horse you won't sell it there or at any other sale but spend some time to find a nice private home for him.

parsley

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
f you have any compasion for your horse you won't sell it there or at any other sale but spend some time to find a nice private home for him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its not that I don't have compasion, but I have to think of my whole family.

parsley

Visit site
The vet takes ages - sniffing really up close to his nostrils - I think Bomber holds his breath - so he might quite like the vet and want him to stay close
grin.gif
When I do it he huffs right in my face straight away

ljm

Visit site
Hes a very handsome boy who deserves a good home. Put him up EVERYWHERE and speak to as many people as poss. I've got one Welsh, sadly can't take on another! I think I've seen him advertised, shame nobody's come up yet.L

parsley

Visit site
I am trying! Hes in Horsemart, Horsequest, Horsedates, tack shops and the adtrader at the momment
grin.gif
The fact is I am really fond of him - hes a lovely cuddle and do want to send him off to somewhere good!

lisaward

Visit site
i brought a lovely coloured cob mare out of cambridge it is ok as far as any sale goes but if you can i would try to find him a nice home,realise this isn't always possible (time wise)

where are you based may know of a nice dealer/friend
depends on area and price

good luck

parsley

Visit site
This will probably get deleted? While I'm at it does anyone have any suggestions on changes to this add (its on horsequest)

TREFYNYS REMBRANT
Tyssul Coram Lyn Cwmcoed
Meiarth llinos
North Leach Rebecca Synod Rascal
Synod Rhapsody

13.2hh Welsh Section C 13 year old gelding - Chestnut with flaxen mane and tail

Competed successfully at county level M&M - Qualified for Amateur Champs in September (ridden and in-hand)

Also done well at dressage and cross country - Enjoys hacking out

Remmy is the ideal pony for a smaller adult or confident child for fun rides and competing on

He is very handsome with flashy paces and will go very well for a more experienced rider - He is sadly not suitable for my novice 8 year old son, although he is much loved by him

He is good to handle, catch, shoe, clip and box and his vaccinations, dentistry and worming are up to date - He has recently been freezemarked and is registered with farmkey

£1,900 ono

Happytohack

Visit site
You won't get anywhere near that price at Cambridge. To give you an idea, when I went I did the classic thing of buying a horse because I felt sorry for it. She was a 15.1 beautiful ex polo pony and I paid £800 for her. She is now very happy as a broodmare.

L

lilym

pity you didn't put him in the cob sales at builth, nice pony like him would have been snapped up. it really is a buyer's world at the mo, not much is selling, friend has a cracking sec d for sale but no one has even been to look.

EllieBeast

Visit site
Parsley - i am keeping my ear to the ground for you, but if you want, i can keep him ticking over for you, i have plenty of time on my hands, so i could ride him a couple of times a week. especially whilst you are looking for someone to loan him - so he doesnt think he is on holiday.
Sarah

aran

community.webshots.com
its a dealer sale - i used to go regularly with a dealer friend of mine. nothing goes for much money £500 max. If you are happy to get that sort of price then advertise him for as low a price as you could cope with. There are always people looking for a good price.