Camera for trailer (or horsebox) - bargain buy

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Just wanted to share a real gem of a purchase I have just made.

I wanted a camera system for my trailer so i can assess how well Chico travels in it but they all seemed either too expensive or not suitable.

But then i found this one on ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GET-Baby-Wireless-Handheld-Colour-CCTV-Monitor-Camera-/120839385368?pt=UK_Baby_BabyMonitors_SM&hash=item1c2296b118

It arrived today and i have been playing with it and i am REALLY impressed.

Both camera and receiver have rechargeable batteries in so if you dont want to have to wire a system in you can charge it and get 3 hours of use!

The camera also has sound and the picture is surprisingly good for the price.

You can add up to 4 camera to one receiver - my dad has suggested one for the back of my trailer so i can see where i'm reversing into!

Just thought i'd share as i feel is was such a good buy :D

dieseldog

Visit site
Have you tried using it yet while you are driving? My sister bought a wireless one and it couldn't cope with the vehicle moving.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
Have you tried using it yet while you are driving? My sister bought a wireless one and it couldn't cope with the vehicle moving.

i will stick it in my car tomorrow and try it. For the price though even if it doesnt come through for me I am sure i can think of other devious things to do with it ;):D

Spottyappy

Visit site
I have had this exact set up over2 yrs in 2 lorries. It has worked fine when moving. Sadly,the camera has recently died and no longer holds the charge,but it has been used weekly for 2 summer,often daily so has prob reacheda sad but natural end. Am hoping I can buy just a replacement camera,but not had chance to find possibility of this yet.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
I have had this exact set up over2 yrs in 2 lorries. It has worked fine when moving. Sadly,the camera has recently died and no longer holds the charge,but it has been used weekly for 2 summer,often daily so has prob reacheda sad but natural end. Am hoping I can buy just a replacement camera,but not had chance to find possibility of this yet.

brilliant to know you have had a good experience with it. Looking at the price i was expecting it to be a bit hit and miss to be honest but am really impressed with it. Will be just the job in my trailer, i will bring it home to charge up after each use.

I have been looking for somewhere selling just the cameras too but no luck so far. Let me know if you find anywhere.

Spottyappy

Visit site
Will do. I believe GET either no longer trading,or been taken over by Scheinder or similar name co,so will be case of getting compatible camera.That must be poss,as the camera and monitor have different wavelengths,and I have had other monitors transmit to mine when driving. Would love to see faces of the people monitoring their baby,when my horses come onto their monitor,briefly:D