Cameras used when competing?

Mbronze

www.cheshirehorsetaxi.weebly.com
Out of interest?

I find that my digital camera when taking shots is slow to respond and generally seems to take the shot after you have jumped the fence!!! Which is so annoying.

So i was looking for a alternative camera and seen as you guys always put up lovely piccies from comps etc i was wondering what cameras you use and the roundabout price of them, I don't really want to spend over £100.

Thanks for any replies
grin.gif

Baileyhoss

Visit site
Might not be what you are looking for, but are you due a new phone? I have a sony ericsson k850i with a 5mp camera & best pics, which takes 10 shots in quick succession. I have never missed a horse jumping yet, it's FAB and really high quality & resolution.

Baileyhoss

Visit site
I have a HP digital one, which cost just under a hundred, has a 3 shot sports setting and does take good pics, but in all honesty i always forget to take it with me, find it a pain carrying it about & the phone takes better photos.

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
firstly check your current one doesn't have a sports setting as this often reduces the delay significantly and produces far better pics. I personally use a DSLR Canon (aka def not within your price range
wink.gif
) but I also occasionally use my phone Nokia 6220 and that produces good qual pics on sport mode.

Chloe_GHE

Visit site
The canon ixus is mega, and about £100/150
All digital cameras have a slight delay so you really need to take the pic as the horse's front feet leave the ground in order to get a pic over the fence. Check for sport mode or rapid shot which takes 10 pics in a row, so you get a sequence of shots.

I would suggest getting a good camera with video mode too, and videoing most jumps rather than snap shots. Then upload Picasa (free from google) onto your PC and you can take snapshots from the video, this way you get exactly the pic you want as you can pause, and rewind the footage to the exact point then select 'take snapshot' and you have a video for rider analysis too

Hope that helps
smile.gif

CrazyMare

Visit site
I use a Nikon D40x, now around £250, for the majority of photos, although I sometimes use my phone (Sony Erricson K850i)

The DSLR is so so much faster and higher in quality than a compact point & shoot camera, but then you end up paying a much higher price tag....

Swifty

New User
Visit site
Also on some digital cameras you can half press the button as the horse approaches and click it fully when the horse is where you want him!! That's hard enough on a normal camera but it might save you some money... good luck!!!