Can’t cope with cat peeing on everything

Archangel

Visit site
I stumbled across a few secondhand catios on Marketplace last night if that is an option. My friend has one for her cats when she goes away, they love it.

The ferals here have outdoor kennels and they use them all the time. A tatty cardboard box comes a close second though.

Good luck.

JoannaC

Visit site
Ooo an outdoor shelter isn’t a bad idea… It’s so difficult! a combo of shelter and GPS tracker might be a viable option. Although it won’t keep him safe from the road, at least I’ll know where he is and if he’s safe or not. He has been taught to “come” off the sound option in his tracker, but although he knows it in theory, he’s a cat and if he doesn’t want to come back he will ignore it 😂

Again, if I’m going to let him out, the dilemma is if I let him out overnight or when I’m at work during the day. Day he’ll be easier for cars to spot (he’s black) but the roads will be much busier. It’s a residential area so roads are fairly quiet at night. From what I’ve noticed previously he’s fairly traffic shy (no bad thing!) so he’ll probably avoid the busiest roads but there’s still a risk.
I would keep in at night as the early hours tends to be when they get run over. I remember the vet saying to me after our cat got run over that quiet roads with just the odd car speeding by are worse than a constantly busy road as they become complacent.

Cavalier

Visit site
Have you had him checked by the vet (sorry if I missed this in the replies). I had a male cat who started peeing everywhere and it turned out he had cystitis

Archangel

Visit site
I would keep him in at night as well. If you can bear it, wait until the clocks change so cars aren't suddenly on the road 1 hour earlier than he is used to.