Can A 13.3hh Do BE?

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I'm just wondering if Sunny could do BE, as I would like to later this year, or somewhere next year. But, I can't really seem to find if she would be allowed. She's 13.3hh/ 14hh (140/142cm) with shoes on. I believe it said they have to be something like 143cm to 148cm?

If it helps, I'd be starting at BE80, and probably go up to BE100 or maybe even above.

Many thanks :)

Last edited:

Golden_Match_II

www.event-stablebarn.weebly.com
No question she could do BE80. If she measures 142cm she can do BE90 and above, if not then she would need special written permission. You might get this if you prove she has been placed at higher levels with the pony club through DC or Area co-ordinator. Quite rare though - you're better off hoping she measures 142cm!

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
No question she could do BE80. If she measures 142cm she can do BE90 and above, if not then she would need special written permission. You might get this if you prove she has been placed at higher levels with the pony club through DC or Area co-ordinator. Quite rare though - you're better off hoping she measures 142cm!

Erm OK thank you. I'm assuming they're measure them there? She'd be on her toes, so might make that. Will measure her tomorrow.

Henry02

Visit site
Guessing you'd probably need a life height certificate to prove the "real" height, or something similar.

Suziq77

Visit site
I've never been asked for a height cert - I have got one, stating 142.5cm, as he used to be a show pony, but BE dont require it for registration purposes. If you were wanting to compete in pony trials you'd need one, but for BE90/100 just state height when you register and that's it. Obviously an official will notice if you produce a 12.2hh and says its 142cm, but I don't know how they police the ones which might be slightly smaller. No one has ever mentioned Jack's stature to me and I think he's tiny. He doesn't struggle at all with 1m plus!

Last edited:

Shay

Visit site
If you were challenged you'd need to produce a life height certificate - which is measured without shoes, the object is to get them smaller, not larger! We've always carried ours (147.5cm) but only had to produce it a couple of times - both at BS rather than BE. In theory if there is a complaint that your LHC is inaccurate ponies can be recalled for re-measurement. In BE it is far more about safety and from our experience I think you would be unlikely to be challenged unless the pony was really struggling. It might be worth trying a BE80(T) first to get feedback from the trainers there?