Can a too tight saddle appear as a tendon injury?

millikins

Visit site
Pony is 18yr old connie, usually very forward going but does have occasional lazy days, especially if ridden when he thinks it's tea time. About 2 months ago hacked out when ground hard, reluctant to go forward (but see first sentence), sounded uneven coming home. Very subtle and he didn't feel lame but I dismounted and walked. Thought near fore felt slightly warm, no swelling but he wanted to rest it. So hosed and had few days off as hoped it was a little twist. Tried again, still felt reluctant to go forward and uneven. Gave him a month off. No bute and field rest where he seemed happy as larry. D/W vet, said should have more rest so another month. Daughter started longreining this week, he seemed fine so decided to try a little ride. As an experiment, she used his old saddle and he felt sound. So is it likely to have been his saddle all along? It was fitted but I admit it is too long since it was last checked.

spacefaer

Visit site
Unlikely. The saddle being too tight could produce slight lameness, and a reluctance to go forward - but not heat in a foreleg or the pointing

millikins

Visit site
Unlikely. The saddle being too tight could produce slight lameness, and a reluctance to go forward - but not heat in a foreleg or the pointing

Thank you. I could have imagined the heat but he was certainly pointing. Hopefully he has rested it enough, he will have to try growing old gracefully.