Can anybody find me a PE Buster Fly Mask (Standard) in stock?

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
Since our appy has uveitis we have been advised to put his UV fly mask on everyday for the rest of forever. The one we have currently is the PE one with the ears and nose, which is fantastic, but it is not so pleasant for him on soggy days like today as the ears get quite wet, dust sticks to it etc. I would love to buy him one without the ears and nose piece for days like today but I can't find one in stock, except for over £30 on eBay (they are £8.99 on PE site currently but sold out, argh!).

I just wondered if any savvy shoppers might know where I could find one please? :) Otherwise might try one of the Equilibrium ones.

Thank you.

jnb

Visit site
Buy one with ears & nose and cut them off? if you carefully cut the mesh you can avoid any sharp edges by cutting beyond the fleece lining but avoiding the stitches.
I did this before they started making ones with ears but no nose as my old cob hated the nose covers (they rubbed him) but needed ears.
What size do you need??

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
Buy one with ears & nose and cut them off? if you carefully cut the mesh you can avoid any sharp edges by cutting beyond the fleece lining but avoiding the stitches.
I did this before they started making ones with ears but no nose as my old cob hated the nose covers (they rubbed him) but needed ears.
What size do you need??

Thanks jnb, that could be an option. Looking for a size Large ideally. Have been really happy with the PE one we have but I feel sorry for him with the soggy ears and all the wet dirt sticking to his nose!

Merrymoles

Visit site
Shires make one with a nose but no ears which is what I need as my horse has trashed his on the sheep shelter but I can't find one in stock anywhere so you have my sympathy! I'm guessing there was high demand because of the hot summer and I might have to wait until next spring now.

OLDGREYMARE

Visit site
I got a brilliant uv mask from Charlie's products when my girl had uveitis, No ears or nose,so easy to put on and really tough,worn every summer since and still in one piece

Casey76

Visit site
I really think that for the time being, your horse will be OK with a mask which has ears and nose.

Although all horses are individuals, my horses are quite happy in their field masks, day and night, wet or dry, they both have ears, and one has tassels/fringe.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Lol we have the opposite issue need to keep the nose covered but didn't want to cover the eyes all winter!

FWIW I do really like the equilibrium masks, they stay on small ears better than the lemieux one ever did.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Shires make one with a nose but no ears which is what I need as my horse has trashed his on the sheep shelter but I can't find one in stock anywhere so you have my sympathy! I'm guessing there was high demand because of the hot summer and I might have to wait until next spring now.
Same! Love the Shires ones but can’t find one.
Op the Equilibrium ones are infinitely better than PE fly hoods and well worth a try