can anybody help?

PinkFairy

Visit site
helloooo i'm currently at college, i have an assignment about how the horse industry has changed over 20 years, i'm stuck on the introduction where we have to use facts and figures , statistics and then explain what changes have been made over 20 years. i have done a page and a bit but im stuck!!! HEELLLLPPPP

PinkFairy

Visit site
my chosen sector is leisure so its about riding schools and livery yards. i have to explain how its changed in 20 years which is relatively easy but i'd like to include some interesting stuff if you get me? not all facts and figures, which is what i actually have!!

allijudd

Visit site
what about the rising cost of insurance which is putting smaller people out of business...and the ever so increase of law suits etc etc

tracieprice

Visit site
Definitely health & safety - especially problems with kids working for rides. Presumably they're a bit more restrictive now in terms of things like games for kids, riding bareback, racing around - you know, the stuff all kids used to do!

filly190

Visit site
twenty years ago there were less cars on the road, and riding schools would conduct loads more hacking on roads.

Also there were no horse share, loan, lease plans which riding schools do nowadays.

Ridding lessons were not readily available (due to money constrants), people did not spend money on leisure as they do now, wages were spent on necessary items.

Horse transport and availability of it has changed so now riding schools will take their members and ponies to competitions.

Education and equestrian colleges, twenty years ago, how many - so quality and availability of good instructors must have changed.

Access to transport for instructors, twenty years ago, one car per family - so now teenages and potential staff drive.

Going on from that note:

Improvements from 20 years ago

Advertising, internet etc to promote riding school
People now have access to transport
A better disposible income to spend on leisure
Choice of qualified instructors
Horse transport to able to travel to aquire good horses

Have just jotted some notes down for you, which I thought the assignment might be looking for.

Hope it helps