Can anyone explain why...

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
... complete strangers seem to think that I should let them ride my horses (for free) and on top of that, that they are doing me a huge favour by doing so, even though I would be required to teach/supervise them?

No-one ever asks to drive my car, so what is it about horses specifically that makes people so blimmin' cheeky?

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
... complete strangers seem to think that I should let them ride my horses (for free) and on top of that, that they are doing me a huge favour by doing so, even though I would be required to teach/supervise them?

No-one ever asks to drive my car, so what is it about horses specifically that makes people so blimmin' cheeky?

Ooh, are you offering free rides? How lovely!

😂😂 (sorry, couldn't resist x)

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
😂😂 (sorry, couldn't resist x)

1hammer.gif
LOL!

Pinkvboots

Visit site

Just tell em they are mental that's what I doo_O

Lovethebeach

Visit site
Try sorry, the X colour one lay down and rolled on a person I allowed to ride breaking their legs, ribs and vertebrae, since this was the second occasion of a horse owned by me harming a person I have been banned from anyone but me riding any horses belonging to me due to insurance restrictions and threat of prosecution. In fact to be on the safe side I do not allow anyone into their fields or stables.

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Hmm, that's probably why they don't want a go in your car - the car of a crazy Arab owner would probably have a leak in the break line and a bust engine mount 😁

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
grump.gif

I'm going to run out of 'grumpy' smileys soon (hopefully they are showing up) as you are all being so utterly dreadful. I'm going to end up resorting to the bunny with the pancake on its head.

SOS

Visit site
People ask to ride my horses, even when one was broken and the other a retired pony, AND they ask to drive my car!

SOS

Visit site
Blimey, you must have an extra level of cheeky in your area!

Think I must have mug across my forehead! I don’t know what is more scary, someone asking to hack out one of the horses or to take the “car” (Defender!) off roading. Both have a high potential of breaking and, bluntly put, are worth more financially and emotionally than a friendship!

Shoei

Visit site
Have you seen most horse owners cars??!! They are probably a health hazard!!! Off the top of my head my car has in it... tack, paperwork, a parking pass from August, a ginsters pasty wrapper, an empty kfc drink, half a pack of sweets, a collection of clothing including a new black bra on the back seat on hanger! Oh and a magic tree that no longer smells! It's covered in dust and mud and bits of things.... why would anyone want to drive my car!!!!

😂

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Think I must have mug across my forehead! I don’t know what is more scary, someone asking to hack out one of the horses or to take the “car” (Defender!) off roading. Both have a high potential of breaking and, bluntly put, are worth more financially and emotionally than a friendship!

Off roading! Holy heck!

Shavings

Visit site
my mother in law is the worst! she not horsey and not even seen my horse but offers him to people i dont no!!
then her blooming grand children scream at me "granny says you are taking us riding"
i am blooming well not !

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Just
DD - very underhand tactics there! Cute puppy is just going too far!

TG - no keen children, just cheeky adults.

Just say sure you can ride hand them tack explain it has to be cleaned first, then hand over wheelbarrow and say they need mucking out first, then say I will have need your account details to set up a direct debit for there livery each month, and smile very sweetly:p