can anyone help? transport needed

Loopypony

Visit site
I have rescued a dartmoor hill pony which was destined for an uncertain future (yes, probably shouldn't be 'rescuing' but I have the time & space and fell in love with a sob story!).
I'm now in need of transport from Dartmoor to South Northamptonshire.
I have contacted quite a few transporters who have given me a very large range of quotes but ideally, I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible. Sadly, I have recently sold my lorry so have no transport and don't really have the time to go down and pick up due to work etc.

Is there anyone who is making a journey to similar areas/hiring a transporter and wouldn't mind sharing a load?

I know its cheeky to ask but...don't ask don't get.

Thanks all!

rockysmum

Visit site
I think your problem might be that this is a wild pony. It wont share a load very easily and a lot of people wont want to carry an unhandled pony. They have a tendancy to trash your transport.

Good luck

foraday

Visit site
To do it as cheap as possible then self drive!

ECS Horse Transport hire their 2 boxes.

Other than that the quotes you will have received from transporters would have been fair!

www.findhorsetransport.org

Will help you getting a few more quotes in but again an unhandled horse no matter what the size will be a tricky one.

Good luck with getting your pony home

Loopypony

Visit site
All transporters have been more than happy to take him on a shared load, its just finding a time soon when they are down that way.

Can't self drive as I explained in original post.

Never mind, was worth a try!