Can anyone please help me word a message?

indie1282

Visit site
Im not sure how the loanee has ' tried it on with you ' as another poster has said. What circumstances did the loan start? Was there any talk of purchasing said pony if all went well? Also you may think £1000 is not much but its a hell of a lot to other people - dont believe all that you read on social media. I know alot of people post about going out competing and buying nice things and I know for a fact that they haven't got a pot to piss in! In fact I'm sorry but I think its a bit unfair to judge her on photos and how well the child is doing - would you still expect them to buy it if they were just plodding around the lanes twice a week?

It seems to me that its the money situation annoying you. If you want the money that bad then call or speak face to face - messaging is a bit of a no no imo - and say that unfortunately due to a change in your circumstances you now have to sell the pony and offer them first refusal. If they can't buy then remove the pony and advertise it elsewhere.

Bear in mind they may love the pony but the child will ultimately outgrow it so they may decide not to purchase it - or they may have been wanting to buy him but didnt think you would want to sell? Either way you wont know the answer unless you ask the question.

peaceandquiet1

Visit site
The loan came about because I asked this person if she could mention in her PC that pony was for sale. She said he would suit her child but she was did not have the money to buy a pony. She asked if I would loan. No one knew how well the partnership would gel. i let her loan as I felt the pony would get kept in work and was outgrown by my child. I think she probably didn't want to invest at the time as the child was so very scared and might not carry on riding as she had bad frights on their previous pony, which they sold immediately they got mine.

melbiswas

Visit site
The loaner has gone from owning several horses to owning one and loaning the other?
I think this shows she is trying to continue have a horsey life within a restricted budget, keeping her options open to reduce further if her nervous daughter loses interest?
I agree with others at how misleading FB can be.

We have become so attached to our (older) loan horses they have stayed to retire with us -this pony could have a good home for life OP? I think if the owners had asked us to buy, we may have decided to return them.

Last edited:

mirage

Visit site
I did pay £950 a 21 year old PC school mistress who taught my girls, is now 26 and happily teaching a new rider the ropes. She is such a good pony,the PC DC wanted her for her grandchild,and she was as one of many who wanted her.She has no health issues and will come home to me eventually.I have a 14.1 cob on loan for my 12 year old,who is 20, I'd buy him in a heartbeat but his owner would never sell him. He is a superstar and there are a lot of mothers who'd love him and are willing my DD to outgrow him.A good PC pony will always be sought after.

peaceandquiet1

Visit site
This post was started to ask for suggestions as to word something. It wasn't really for people to assume the worst. I have more detail re each parties circumstances which I did not wish to reveal. However I can assure anyone who thinks otherwise that this lady is not doing horses on a shoestring, she has several of her own and actively competes etc. She also managed to sell the pony she had. She is a perfectly pleasant person and probably has no idea how I am feeling. Also I fail to see what is wrong with hoping to get some money back on a pony, after all I have other ponies to pay for, and I am 100% satisfied that they are the best home I could possibly have imagined and entirely capable of looking after the pony properly and making the right decisions for him in the future.

melbiswas

Visit site
We too bought two great older ponies for pony club Mirage. I agree there will always be a market for them.
In our case I felt responsible for their latter years and did not sell but loaned them to friends. My husband was then very insistent that in that case we could not buy the next horses for our girls but loan instead ( and that took some persuading).

I am wondering if the loaner in this case is also under the same pressure as she has reduced her ownership from several to one. Who knows, that may mean she is now in a position to buy? However if they are a good, caring knowledgeable home they would find other good ponies to loan too

Edit ! Sorry OP just seen your latest post.
I can understand your feelings in that case!

Last edited: