Can anyone please help

Theresa_F

Visit site
Friend of mine has just called. Due to personal circs he has to give up his cob mare. He is heartbroken as he has had her since she was 11.

I have agreed to try and find her a new home. Am contacting all the charities, but wondered if anyone on the forum could assist.

She is a wonderful mare - a very sturdy 15.3, black, shire x and bomb proof. She is 23 but able to still hack out and apart from a sachet of danilon a day for her joints, is never sick or sorry.

Excellent in all ways in and out of stable - I have ridden her many times and my OH learned to ride and shared her for several years.

She will come with everything, rugs, tack etc and he is giving up totally and a good permanent home is required either as a companion or a light hack.

Kept in Epping Forest and can stay at the yard or move on.

All potential homes will be thoroughly vetted and an legal binding agreement will be required to ensure that she is kept for life and not sold on. If you can help or know anyone who is looking for a safe hack please can you let me know.

Anyone thinking of taking her and selling her on - think again - the only condition is that she will be visited on occasion and god help anyone who did this to her.

I'd take her instantly but just cannot afford to keep 3.

Someone must want her - she is such a lovely girl.

Gwenneh

www.insanedressagegirl.com
I wish, as we're in the market for exactly that.

Unfortunately we're moving to Ireland this weekend, and haven't had the chance to check out yards there (I've visited a few but want more options before I start finding the horse to put in it!)

I will keep my ears open over here, though!

Snowberry

Visit site
what about the RDA?? If she's absolutely bombproof they might consider her?

I'd be really worried about loaning her out to Jo Bloggs as a companion - too many crooks and no matter whats written in a contract its hard to ever be 100% sure!!!

horsegirl

Visit site
I understand the reasons behind wanting a home for life but would happens if the person has a change in circumstances and is no longer able to keep the horse will the original owner take her back?

Theresa_F

Visit site
She is up for a permanent loan - she is not old or sorry and pts is not really an option for her - I am trying charities and friends. Ideally it will not be far from where she is now.

As said, people will be visited and references required, ie from a vet. I would not like to the person who mistreated or sold her on, her owner is the most lovely person but I would not like to be the person who did something to his beloved horse.

ExtremeB

Visit site
Hi there. I have been thinking about looking for a horse for my OH. He wants something to hack out on a couple of times a week. We already have a 15hh mare - competition type that my daughter and I share but to have another horse so we can ride out together would be ideal. Can you pm me with more details. thanks
Bridget

jewel

Visit site
what about veteran horse society. they help fine loan homes for oldies and your friend would still be the owner.