Can anyone pls recomend a good riding school in Watford/St Albans areas?

Julia0803

Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can please recomend a good RS in the Watford/St Albans areas? We live in WD4 postcode.

I am now in my late twenties and would like to return to riding, but not really sure where to start? I had my own pony as a teenager for several years. I did a lot of happy hacking and generally enjoyed ourselves, did the odd bit of jumping in the summer etc. With hindsight I should have done a lot more schooling and had proper instruction.

When my eldest child was 2 (he is now 8) I had a little spare time so I decided I wanted to get back into it. I did my BHS stage 1 riding and stable management courses at Oaklands college in St Albans. I then part loaned a 14.3 cob close to home. Again we did lots of hacking plus lessons and jumping lessons. He was great as he was a wonderful confidence giver, especially with the jumping... but he was a real sod on the ground!:p

I would love to get back involved again. But don't know which RS to go to locally. I am, after two children, rather rounder than i once was :rolleyes:, at 5'5 and about 10.5st, size 12/14. I am a little concerned that I will be too big for the ponies/horses at the RS. :eek:

I have previously had a fair bit of experience, but it has now been several years since I have done any proper riding. I would say I am a "real life" novice rider, but not a complete beginer if you see what i mean?

Has anyone any suggestions of a good place I could go and have some lessons, please?

Last edited:

Allover

Visit site
Rose Hall Farm in Sarratt normally has good quality horses and decent instructors.

Have fun where ever you choose:)

RubyR

Visit site
Hi. I used to ride at Greenacres in Kimpton which was pretty good. They had a range of horses to ride and had nice hacking