Can anyone recommend a good instructor in Gloucestershire?

HappyNeds

Visit site
Unfortunately our instructor has recently moved, and we need to find someone else - and would very much like someone recommended.

We are in the Forest of Dean area, we need a good instructor that will come to us, to bring on our general riding skills and help us improve in our riding/jumping etc.

Any recommendations please? Thank you :)

HappyNeds

Visit site
Thanks AA for the details. Hows Little/Big Ted & Martha? (I have enjoyed following their updates!).

I've found Jo Winfield's website, as she sounds very impressive - although a higher level than we are currently at. Does anyone know a more 'basic/general' instuctor? Thanks

Kokopelli

Visit site
Mandy Thurland is fab has been teaching me since I was tiny but is also fab with my comp horses she really understands the horse and rider and can recommend her for anyone :)

If you google her you should find her number but if you can't I'll pm it you :)

HappyNeds

Visit site
Thanks Kokopelli, I've googled Mandy Thurland and found her details. I'm not sure if she'll cover my area, as she seems more Chetenham side of Gloucester, but I will email her to see if she does. Can you tell me how much she charges please? As I can't find any price details online (PM if me you prefer to). Thank you.

This is so difficult - the right instructor is so important, and we really liked our old instructor who's just moved, and I really hope we can find someone else who can help us improve and bring out the best in our horses.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Thanks AA for the details. Hows Little/Big Ted & Martha? (I have enjoyed following their updates!).

I've found Jo Winfield's website, as she sounds very impressive - although a higher level than we are currently at. Does anyone know a more 'basic/general' instuctor? Thanks

She does basic, she taught me and broke my horses for me. My level of riding is basic believe me !

Ted and Alice are tucked up at the minute, the weather is awful and I couldn't bear seeing them under the hedge shivering. Measured them yesterday, Alice is 14.13/4 and Ted 15.3h.