Can anyone recommend a good stallion

princess_s

Visit site
Friend has agreed I can loan her retired mare to try to breed my dream dressage horse from. Mare is TB/Warmblood and got to medium level in her younger days. Need to start thinking about a good match for her. Could use TB I have used before, as prob wud be good match but am put off by the other two I have bred from him (both bonkers!) but that is really fault of my crazy mare - see breeding disasters posts of last two days!
Sorry for long post!!!!!!!!!

JM7

Visit site
he's a very nice horse, sportsnight!
grin.gif

S_N

Visit site
Isn't he just - I want to send B to him next year - him or a homozygous coloured that is comparable to Jack!!

princess_s

Visit site
Thanks everyone, you've come up with some fantastic ones - got a dilemma already about what to choose!!!! Anymore suggestions will also be gratefully received.
smile.gif

princess_s

Visit site
Its funny you should say that as their is a lady at my yard who has a lovely youngster by Medoc and boasts about him whenever she has an opportunity!! She will be showjumping her young one so didn't really think about Medoc as a possibility till now.

ticobay831

Visit site
A friend of mine has a pure bred lusitano stallion she has at stud. ive just bought one of his foals hes loveley. Boy can they move.
if you want details I.M me.
Debs x

Bananaman

www.teamtorrent.co.uk
Mooiman standing at www.holdenfolddressage.com is lovely, with the MOST trainable temperament and off the floor paces.

I have covered my near TB mare with him and those two traits had to be top of my list.

What is the temperament of the Medoc youngster like? Or is he too young to tell the trainability yet? It's just that I've known four and only one was what you'd describe as an amateur's ride. They were out of four different mares. I wouldn't want to cast aspertions on Medoc, he himself has a lovely temperament but I would want to meet more of his stock personally.

princess_s

Visit site
The medoc youngster at my yard is four and he is training well at the moment, he is talented and seems willing to learn. However, I have seen him being naughty to ride on a good few occasions, but his owner isn't experienced with youngsters and has done everything with him herself so its hard to tell whether it is down to her inexperience.