Can anyone recommend a saddle fitter for Scotland

Visit site
hi there
Can anyone recommend a saddle fitter for Scotland region please. I have been recommended Kay Hastilow and Tara Jamieson.. Does anyone have experience of any of these please..

Comments appreciated

Super_starz

Visit site
The National Saddle Centre has a scottish fitter, i think she is called Cicely Thorne, or something like that
smirk.gif
i called her when i was looking for a 2nd hand but they had nothing, they have a website.
smile.gif

LeneHorse

Visit site
Louise from the stirlingshire saddlery is very good also. She comes down to Ayrshire and Glasgow area if thats any help.

Olivio

www.thekickinghorse.co.uk
I personally wouldn't use anyone but Kay Hastilow. She has years and years of experience, does a thorough work up of the horse and can tell instantly what tree/saddle will suit. She can either provide you with a new saddle or she quite happliy came out to mine recently to check a few saddles I had delivered from saddlesdirect. Just re-read this and realise I sound like an advert!! Sorry, just can't recommend her enough.

Mithras

Visit site
I recommend Stirlingshire Saddlery, just got a very good second hand saddle from them.

My experience with Kay Hastilow hmmn, true the new saddle did fit well once I eventually got it, Kings manufactured it pretty quickly but she "sat" on it for ages and it was so hard to get an appointment for her to fit it, even though I offered to travel my horse a 120 mile round trip to hers to get it done. And she knew I needed it for the Royal Highland Show. Eventually I collected it in person without the horse and had it fitted several weeks later, taking the horse to her. Honestly, it was like trying to get an appointment with royalty.

But couldn't fault the fit and I have heard the same from other people - that her saddles fit very well, so if you are prepared to be patient and are not in a hurry...

Visit site
I am based in Aberdeen. Thanks for all the responses very helpful does anyone know roughly how much Kay or Stirlingshire saddlery would cost to fit a saddle.

Olivio - are you able to hire saddles from Saddles Direct to check correct fitting, never occurred to me to try this, seems like a good idea..