Can anyone remember....

miamibear

Visit site
The name of the website that you can find posh horsey names on (show names)

I need to find one for Red, was going to do Mr Red cos thats what i call him every day but i think it sounds too much like Mr Ed and my friend has just nicked it for her horse!! Grrrr!

Anyway i need a show name so any help would be much appreciated - something with Red in it.

Bear in mind hes a kind gentle giant, takes it steady and is chilled out so nothing too racy!!

Thanks guys

_April_

Visit site
Um off the top of my head...

Red Hot Chilli Pepper
Red or Dead
Red Dwarf (tho not really apt if he's a gentle giant lol)

Im not sure what website you mean sorry

miamibear

Visit site
They are all really good, keep them coming and i will list them all and put them to him! LOL!!
grin.gif

There is definately a website with show names on it i found it helpful when looking for one for my old horse!

Just cant remember the address will google it!!

melv1lle

sams-progress.blogspot.com
What a useful website! My horse is an ex-racer whose stable name is Sam and racing name is Torpica (which I am not keen on). The site has the name "Sam's Last Chance" which I might use seeing as the reason I have Sam is that I outbid the meat man
tongue.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
I have had a little peek on the BD website for inspiration - especially now Red is a dressage star. Some of the ones I quite like are:

Red Baron
Red Dragon
Red Goblin
Red Hot
Red Jester
Red Rascal
Red Rooster
Red Sage
Red Rocket

there are also others that just start Red..like:

Redwood
Redstar
Redstone
Redgate

which could be used in front of the top list for a bit more sophistication for example: Redwood Jester.

miamibear

Visit site
Dressage star - PMSL!!
crazy.gif

I really like the idea of putting a prefix infront like redwood.

Are there any rules regarding doing this? I.e if its already registered with someone else?

Hmmm thats got me thinking now!!

Whats Kizzy's?

Sparklet

Visit site
You can call him what you like - if you register with BD you have to give an alternative name anyway and the norm appears to be to put a roman numeral at the end so he would be Redwood Goblin and if that is taken Redwood Goblin I, II etc.

I think Kizzy was named after a victorian prostitute - her show name is Lambwath Kristina. Its is really awful but its bad luck to change their name so I didnt. The Lambwath bit is a prefix given to all horses born in the same place as her - there are quite a few others in the area.

He is a star anyway - perhaps the star bit needs to be in his name!

S_N

Visit site
Have to agree, In the Red is priceless!!

Though I like:
Simply Red
Red Admiral
Red-hot Poker
Redeemer (he had redeemed your confidence after all)
Redoubtable (being red and large, he'd make a formidable opponant - looked in thesaurus for that
tongue.gif
)

RHCP = Red Hot Chilli Peppers