Can anyone tell me what this is?

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
I know its a snaffle but can anyone tell me what make it might be or what its exact name is? It is actually round bars on it not flat as they appear in the scan but the rings are flat.

ta and sorry for being so thick
grin.gif

SnaffleBitjpeg.jpg

Clodagh

Visit site
No offence to you, guisbrogal, but it is a sign of the times that people aren't sure what an eggbutt looks like!
My Mum says there are two bits - an eggbutt snaffle and a double bridle!!
tongue.gif

Fairynuff

Visit site
Thats about all we had when I was growing up way back in the dark ages. Sorry, Im gobsmacked that people dont know what an eggbut snaffle looks like!!!!!
Mairi.

guisbrogal

community.webshots.com
Ahh but you see I only started riding as an adult and have not had the years of experience that some of you folks have had.

And as I am sure you will agree there are a lot of bits out there to learn about. Saying that I did know that it was an Eggbutt but was more interested in knowing if it was recognisable as a particular make. Although I admit to never having seen one 'in the flesh' so to speak before this one.

Sometimes I think some comments might be better not made if people are to feel able to ask questions without fear of ridicule
crazy.gif

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
[ QUOTE ]
No offence to you, guisbrogal, but it is a sign of the times that people aren't sure what an eggbutt looks like!
My Mum says there are two bits - an eggbutt snaffle and a double bridle!!
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what an eggbutt snaffle is called in Spanish, or for that matter a french-link. I don't think anyone here does, but they still use them... Odd that, eh?