Can Equipe/Amerigo Saddles be resized?

Tennyson

Visit site
Hi all,

I am very reluctantly having to sell my lovely Amerigo Equipe Expression Special showjumping saddle (Currently listed on ebay if anyones interested! Its item number 300315125619).

An interesed ebayer has just inquired as to whether or not it is possible to resize Amerigo Equipe saddles, and without contacting the guy I bought it from at Retford saddlery, I have absolutely no idea!

Has anyone ever had theirs resized? And if so do you have any details that I could pass one?

Thanks
smile.gif

K27

Visit site
Yes I believe it is possible, they have to sent it out to the factory in Italy, if you google Amerigo saddles they have a website with a list of their fitters who should be able to explain more.

ihatework

Visit site
Yes I think you can but it is not as easy as some makes.
I use a really good Master Saddler who sells Amerigo's but he won't alter them and will only sell them if he is sure the panel is exactly right for the horse. I really wanted an Amerigo dressage saddle, had the cash ready and he refused to sell it to me!

Another saddler who I had the misfortune of trying out is the main dealer of Amerigo's in my area - he would try and sell ice to Eskimo's - and he was adament that he could adjust the amerigos to fit any horse (although I would now take what he says with a pinch of salt)

lannerch

Visit site
yes you can and it is not that difficult.

I have had my amerigo saddle altered to fit my new horse, the tree had to be made wider, the saddler has to be speifically trained to do so and I think if memory serves me correct the trees are made so they can be altered by uv technology what ever that means.

Cost me about £200 though however I love my saddle it is so comfy, and certainly cheaper than a new amerigo so money well spent.

Saddle is now an excellant fit

edited to add saddler is based in north west david of village saddlery and is often recommended by many other h@h including me.

lannerch

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Ring Byron and ask him, although he will probably tell you it will have to go back to Italy to adjust....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Do you not believe me