Can everyone Talk me through Dressage and First ever dressage test ???

draffin

Visit site
Thinking of doing First ever dressage test in 2 months time , just very low key , at local show along the road . are all tests British dressage tests although we are obv unaff ??

This is a chance for everyone to give me advice and tips and all other clever knowledge #!!!!!

I mostly hack and jump a bit at home, and some schooling .

What do i wear ? what do i have to do ?
what will be expected of me and my ponio ???
Have heard starting off tests are intro is this right ???
like the lowest , most basic test ? and it is just walk and trot at this level ???

so this calms me a little !! But have never done any dressage .
Where do i get test from ? do you have to totally memorise it or is it read out etc ???? how long does a test usually last ???

My ponio is pretty well schooled , just me thats hopeless!!!
he can walk , trot canter both reins, 5/10/15/20 m circles .
can with my friend do changes, leg yields etc !!!!
im very scared and nervous but i def wanna do it , even just for the experience and provide entertainment for the spectators!!!

Sorry for question overload , but need info before i chicken out !!!!!!

help guys !!!!!

also in comp riders .

xx

scrumpygus

Visit site
Hi if you do other shows on your pony youll be suprised how easy its gonna be to do a walk and trot test. It only lasts about 4 minutes. You can have someone call it out for you at the side of the arena to help you. You should wear your normal show gear (this must include gloves through!) Your pony wont be allowed any boots on in the test.
All i can say is take your time and try to ride nice and calm and rhythmical but positively. Try and execute all the movements accurately and at the specified marker - practice making your circles 20m etc and other than that you will find there is probably double mark for the free walk so try and get your pony to stretch down through this and remain relaxed and this will bump your points up. Other than that i would say just go in for the experience then once you get your score sheet just practice the bits they mention and go back and try again - thats what i think we all do even at the higher levels! Good Luck - hope that helps x

draffin

Visit site
thank you everyone this has really helped me ,just needed some advice and pointed in the right direction !!!

il keep you posted how we get on !!!
xxx