Can I have a little rant, please?

WelshRuby

Visit site
I couldn't ride this morning as the local Shoot had parked their vehicles' across the field gateway. I am so mad at them! When I've cooled down I will be visiting the blokie who runs it to ask if they could park in the field next time. They have obviously been given permission to use the field and shelter for pre-shoot drinks but I wasn't informed.
Anyway, I'm just p'd off as couldn't get my pone out.
I realise this is a childish, pointless post but feel a bit better for it so thanks for reading (if you did, lol!)

Need chocolate!!!!

Ranyhyn

Visit site
I couldn't ride this morning as the local Shoot had parked their vehicles' across the field gateway. I am so mad at them! When I've cooled down I will be visiting the blokie who runs it to ask if they could park in the field next time. They have obviously been given permission to use the field and shelter for pre-shoot drinks but I wasn't informed.
Anyway, I'm just p'd off as couldn't get my pone out.
I realise this is a childish, pointless post but feel a bit better for it so thanks for reading (if you did, lol!)

Need chocolate!!!!
That's pretty inconsiderate and stupid would it have been inconceivable to leave enough space to pass? I can imagine why you were bothered by that. Make sure you write a nice letter start of next season to remind them that blocking a gateway isn't really helpful!

tonitot

Visit site
I got annoyed yesterday when I had to leave my car in the road (country lane) because there were roadworks and absolutely no way to get cars through to the yard car park. I felt sorry for the people who lived in the houses that were blocked as well, no way in it out with a car!

wildflower

Visit site
That would have annoyed me too...weekend time is precious with hossies , not sure where you are but the weather has been fab today too so it,s like a double whammy of bad luck!

beeswax

Visit site
very inconsiderate, what if there was an emergency and a horsey ambulance was needed or something, rant all you like, I would.

Boxers

Visit site
I would have written a polite note asking them not to block the gateway and left it under the wipers of the offending car.

Do you know who runs the shoot? at the beginning of next season, just politely ask them not to park in your gateway.

SaharaS

Visit site
Quite agree with Beeswax for once!My letter would highlight the fact that a 'horse ambulance' is not something you normally know you need in advance..ie emergency AND the fact that they are shooting in the immediate vacinity which some horses might use as a very good excuse to need assistance. few days ago I had not one but TWO gates blocked by a little soap box sized car. They are both 12 foot wide gates..and set at right angles to each other and I have horses in one & ewes & lambs in the other....both could potentially need access at any time(i started panicing about the sheep as had anything happened & I had any fallen stock-which is more likely at lambing) I would not have been able to get in to remove/assist it..and you can imaging the uproar about leaving a fallen sheep etc that might have ensued..(yes its one of those bitchy villages that would wait out 24/7 all year round to spot on and report you the second it hits the ground/can't get up..fortunatley I'm paranoid anyway so check them all several times a day..but its the principle...it turns out, soap box belonged to the people across the lane that have a double wide concrete drive of a good 800 yards with a spectacular turning circle that stevie wonder could navigate an artic in...but obviously husband wife cannot drive! They had a guest and nearly got them selves blocked in!!!!! They had to resort to driving over their manicured lawn as they couldn't squeeze past on their own drive...(same width as 2.5 cars!) Both cars got stuck,so they parked the third car in my double gateway -their lawn now mashed with quite impressive tractor marks and much amusement to me & the tractor driver!:D:D:D I made a point of saying to him that I had a fencing contractor booked and had to pay him half a day for timewasting as he couldn't get in.. pathetic? perhaps but in future maybe they will think!Good fun expected next week with a skip arriving in yard & a mini digger...hoping I'm there when it arrives so I can get horses in/out of their boxes or you will all have much entertainment! OP hope you got to ride this afternoon & can tomorrow too xx