Can I have opinions please?

Rambo

Visit site
Depends what you want to bring it on to do
crazy.gif

At a very basic level, I don't like it's conformation. Weak backend, possibly slightly over at the knee, and I don't like it's neck. Feet don't look great either, and generally speaking I don't think it is a particularly pleasing horse to look at
crazy.gif
It is only 3 though and I don't have much experience with them at that age.

Sorry, it wouldn't be for me
frown.gif

Tempi

Visit site
imo its thin, dosent look at all happy with life, from what i can see its feet look poor (could possible be sorted with correct shoeing/farrier) dont like the way its standing behind (its very wide behind in both photos)........

how much experience do you have with breaking a youngster? you realise this horse has not even been sat on (from what i can tell)........

Dogbetty141

Visit site
If you like the horse then go for it i wouldnt personally as it hasnt got very good confirmation but it depends what you want to do with it if you want an allrounder happy hacker then go for it but if you want something that will have a bit of spark forget about this horse!!

I have a dark Bay TB dressage schoolmaster?eventer who was a poor youngster so i suppose it depends on bloodlines and the vetting is a good one to judge it of too!!

the watcher

Visit site
Generally looks poor and lacking TLC, although the angles in the last picture really don't help. If I was presenting an animal for sale I would publish the very best pictures I could, if this is the best they could manage then I would avoid

ihatework

Visit site
Sorry, I really don't like it at all, although I suppose you get what you pay for.
It looks very weak, I appreciate its young but even so ...
And I don't like it's head/eye

TBH I would be looking a bit more £ to get something a little nicer, once you have them in theory they cost the same to keep. If you haven't got the funds at the moment then hold off getting a horse and put the money you would be spending on keeping it aside in savings.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Very week looking four year old - hideous limbs.

However, at that price, may be a bargin and something you could sell on if you do a good job come spring time.

Wouldn't be for me though.

jo1

hotmail.co.uk
My mums business used to be breaking and schooling so we have the experiance there. I am looking at something that we can bring on to make a profit in about 1 years time. We havent got the finances to buy what I want immediatley so thinking of a youngster.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Would be interested to know what it's out of too. Most Sir Harrys' are not the prettiest of youngsters but they seem to have some ability (he's not a cheap stallion by any means!) so ditto everyone about the feet but if you are experienced enough for a TB youngster then the least you could do would be to look at it. You can always walk away and will only have lost your petrol money!

claire1976

Visit site
Not really the best pictures they could have used to sell a horse. Looks weak in the hind quarters area but you have to remember that most youngsters look a bit odd until muscles and outline develop. However, I would expect a 4 year to look better than this. The hind legs look shocking and she has a 'coffin' head which doesn't appeal to me.
There is a reason that she's priced at that and you need to look carefully into those reasons - as well as the issues other people have mentioned. Seems strange she's been reduced and still no interest.
Her conformation will improve with work but its hard to make any assumptions without seeing her close up. Pictures don't help!

KatB

Visit site
I wouldnt asay her conformation is that bad tbh! It's certainly not excellent, but not horrendous! HOWEVER, for a 3/4yr old she looks terribly poor, and more like a 2yr old IMO.

Weezy

Visit site
I personally dont think it is THAT bad as TBH I think the pictures are what let the horse down - OK so pasterns are a bit upright for me and the horse needs condition, but I rather like the fact she is rather short coupled and I think with work you would turn a profit

Sorry to go against the grain there!

jo1

hotmail.co.uk
Thanx for that Weezy. Im sure that with some TLC, regular work and good shoeing she will come out good - even for a happy hacker - should turn a profit in the end.

Talking it over with my mum tonight. Prob go see on Sunday. Out of interest if I was to pay cash and the price is £1025 - how much should I actually offer at first.

siennamum

Visit site
I also think she looks ok, just very unmade, big front & clean limbs, for that price she could turn a tidy profit.
For me she would need to be seriously kind & laid back (either that or mega talented), just because I think that's the best type to sell on.
Try offering £850, but see what kind of response they've had, try & pick their brains to see if there's a hidden catch.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
You could try £800. It's not too insulting in as much as it's only £200 below their asking price.

TBH if I saw her in the flesh I'd probably take her home. She looks as if she needs a good feed bless.

Abs

Visit site
Hmm. I'd ditto others in saying youngters do have an 'alien' like appearence when they start growing faster in different parts of their bodies than others. I'd say it's impossible to tell from the pics and I'd pop down and have a look. You really need to know how much it's been handled and what it's like manners wise.

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
(he's not a cheap stallion by any means!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmm, I put my mare to him last year for £800.
The filly is typical SHL, built for speed and stamina not soundness. I quite like her, will look totally different when fed and worked.
If you do decide to ring, please pass on details of the dam side - I have someone who wants a SHL filly.

Tia

Visit site
Looks like a typical gormless 3 year old to me. Good price and if you have a year and half (so sell in Spring 2008) then I think you will see an amazing transformation. AND you should make a very good profit I would think. It's exactly the right sort of project horse. Only thing that makes me a little wary is the comments about her being strong?? What exactly do they mean by that?

Definitely worth a look in my opinion.