Can i see pics of your 18month-2yr olds please?

Otimoo

Visit site
Hello,

Just wondering if anyone can post pics of their horses at 18 months - 2 yrs? it would be fabulous if anyone has a then and now pic so i can see how they have matured.
I have a 18 month old colt and i just want to compare, he is really gangly at the moment and bless him having a bit of an ugly duckling spurt i think
blush.gif
i measured him at the weekend and his front measures just over 15.1 his bum 15.3 i hope he will make 16.2 and fill out and not keep going up but not out!!
Any pics will be greatly appreciated
smile.gif

p.s his breeding is: sire= dutch wb (warlord) and his dam= cbxarab (also arabs are really not my type of horse so worried he is going to be fine and dainty!)

Thank you

Otimoo

Visit site
just thought i would add some pics after following a very good guide in PG of how to do it! anyway this is Marley Summer 2009 he looks a bit different now i will upload some recent pics.

Zheros1.jpg

Zheros2.jpg

Zheros3.jpg

Zheros.jpg

ischa

Visit site
defently not ,they do go throw the ugly duckling stage
thanku ,he can be a little git at times

V1NN

Visit site
this was V at 18months he is thoroughbred x knabstrupper to make approx 16.1hh i really hope well thats my guesstimate he is approx 15.1hh just now and a bit croup high, i dont have any of him from just now at 21months, think i shall take some more tomorrow , both of those horses are gorgeous
smile.gif
x

Image011.jpg

volatis

www.volatis.co.uk
Jack isn't 2 till June, but this was him at 17 months. Expected him to make 16.2 as a minimum and wouldnt be surprised if he hits the 17.0hh mark as he is a big boy! Luckily he has the temperament of a saint
(Showmaker x Stanhopes Dueka x Handsome Sailor xx)

lozziehumphreys

Visit site
Premi, four months before her second birthday

PremiereFeb09006.jpg

She's nearly three now, and absolutely enormous! Luckily she's incredibly laid back and I can't wait to start backing her soon
smile.gif

TarrSteps

Visit site
Seriously, don't look at them when they're that age.
laugh.gif
Most are unprepossessing in the extreme.

As an old horseman said to me, they're going to grow and change. If they look great at that age, they're only going to get uglier!
smile.gif

Otimoo

Visit site
Thanks for your pics everyone they are really helpful. I can't beleive how mature some of them look at that age! marley is really lanky at the mo cant wait to see the changes in 6 months! Judging by these pics i will hardly recognise him! Beautiful horses by the way everyone!
laugh.gif
xx

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Thanks Fruity and Clodagh, she's a very dark grey and is greying out at a snails pace thankfully so it should be many years before she turns ''white''. Im hoping to do a bit of everything with her really. I backed her lightly last year so im hoping to do a lot more this year seeing as shes 5 and get her jumping too. Shes very keen to please and work so im really looking forward to 2010 with both her and Tilly.
grin.gif

Enfys

Visit site
Dead on 18 months. Arab x QH filly. 14h now expected to make about 15h.

She was a stunning foal, then absolutely hideous from about 8 months all neck and bum, in the last 2 or 3 months she has kind of come together a bit and I am beginning to think that I may actually have bred what I hoped for. By next year she will probably be all over the place again.

22067_1291376040025_1098984636_30927988_1370412_n.jpg
22067_1291376080026_1098984636_30927989_8197883_n.jpg

Penniless

Visit site
Here's just two of our homebreds.

This one is a gelding - taken at 18 months old. (He stood 16.1hh at this time). He is pure TB - by our now deceased stallion "Advise").

18monthsold-1.jpg

This one is another of our youngsters, a filly - taken at 19 months old. Another TB, and by Bertolini. (Lunging as she was being prepped for the sales).

19monthsold.jpg

Both of them will be on the racetrack this year.

Otimoo

Visit site
thanks for your replies everyone, its good to see how he is doing. It's really interesting seeing how differently they all progress! penniless your 2 look so mature for their age! especially the filly she looks lovely

Penniless

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for your replies everyone, its good to see how he is doing. It's really interesting seeing how differently they all progress! penniless your 2 look so mature for their age! especially the filly she looks lovely

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - the filly is here with us at home - and is about to start her "proper" work in a few weeks time. Sadly, it seems we will have to sell her though because of finances.

The gelding is in full work and should be on the racetrack in a couple of months time all being well. We have his full sister here (born last year) who looks to be the image of him and who is about to be advertised. We want her going to a show home though rather than racing.

We do have another 22 month old filly - who is even bigger than these two - she is also in full work in Lambourn and will appear on the racecourse in April. We've not seen her for a few months but are going for a visit next week to get some photos and video. Can't wait to see how much she's changed in such a short time.

Aoibhin

www.Emmaevans.barefootbooks.com
[ QUOTE ]
This one is a gelding - taken at 18 months old. (He stood 16.1hh at this time). He is pure TB - by our now deceased stallion "Advise").

[/ QUOTE ]

so a wee bit bigger than his dad then
wink.gif
hope he has Advise's manners, never met such a sweet & gentle boy before or since.

Penniless

Visit site
Thanks Simsar.

Aoibhin: Hi "E" - thanks for the comments - yes, he's over an hand and a half bigger than both mum and dad. Can't wait to see how big the two full sisters mature at.

How are you anyway - when's the baby due - human that is - not equine!

Aoibhin

www.Emmaevans.barefootbooks.com
baby is doing well (8 weeks & counting) as i really want to get on SWA & get his "issues" sorted, had just startd last year & found out was preg so not worth risk as i hit the deck at least once a session with the wee git at moment (how can something so small buck so high??)