can life with the horses possibly get any worse

tikino

Visit site
just when i though things couldn't get any worse they just have. In December after and illness i had to put my beloved toby to sleep. He was not only my pride and joy but the first foal i had ever bred.

then in October my colt foal gino stood on a nail and ended up with oesteomylitis of the pedal bone and had a bit of his pedal bone scaped away but has made a full recovery thankfully.

then in February my other yearling had a swelling on her hock and it was confirmed to be ocd . she was given a course of adaquin then after this failed had surgery on her hock then loads of rehab.

Then in june my very special 3 year old filly Ellie was struck down with chronic grass sickness. she is recovering slowly.

now in the last few weeks my ocd yearling filly has became lamer than she ever was she had another course of adaquin and now she has been re x-rayed and vets have said she is finished she is on 2-3 bute daily and we have arranged to put her to sleep on Tuesday afternoon at 3 pm. i and totally gutted and really can't take much more feel like giving up

ebonyallen

Visit site
I am so very sorry to hear this. Life really can be C..p at times You really have had a really horrid time of late, and my heart goes out to you and this very sad time. Will be thinking of you stay strong x

Tiffany

Visit site
Really sorry to hear you're having such a bad time. Such a shame when a youngster is PTS but sometimes it's the best option. I feel for you (((hugs)))

joeanne

Visit site
I'm so sorry Tinkino.....I had no idea you had lost Toby.
Sometimes there is just no rhyme or reason to these things....you can only put it down to awful bad luck.
I do hope things turn around for you, and you can move on from this horrible time.

Twinkley Lights

Visit site
So sorry Hunny :( I had to have my darling best friend pts last month after a sudden and horrific illness. Be strong the final act of love is making sure they dont suffer. Big hugs.