Can someone breed me a...

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Suffolk punch x cremello Andalusian?

Stylish but solid, with enough strength to be husband carrying material. Palomino so it matches Mim, of course. Fabulous trot. Long, luxurious mane and tail. Light feather.

I shall call it the Spanish Punch - or the Sangria?

If you could breed a hypothetical super-horse, what would your combination be?

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I know someone who'd help you with your Sangria if you can find the mare.

I'd love to see the potential colour outcomes. I saw a Suffolk cross on Facebook recently which was beautifully dappled grey but on a Suffolk frame.

I love my Suffolk for his temperament and I have to admit, his chesnut colouring means I can get away with out getting all of the stains off him. I wish he was a little smaller so I'd want to cross with something like a fell to keep everything pretty much the same, just smaller.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
I choked on my coffee when I read this! I've had 2 Fjords here on livery, and they were both speed demons with zero brakes!

That is so interesting! The ones we rode in Denmark were so chilled out. They were very much farm horses though. I wonder if imported ones tend to have more about them and be more like ‘sports’ connies - Sports Fjords ?

A standardbred crossed appaloosa of course ?

You already have a standaloosa. Or is it an appa-bred?

cauda equina

Visit site
I know someone who'd help you with your Sangria if you can find the mare.

I'd love to see the potential colour outcomes. I saw a Suffolk cross on Facebook recently which was beautifully dappled grey but on a Suffolk frame.

I love my Suffolk for his temperament and I have to admit, his chesnut colouring means I can get away with out getting all of the stains off him. I wish he was a little smaller so I'd want to cross with something like a fell to keep everything pretty much the same, just smaller.
I knew a Suffolk x Arab; she was about 15 hands with a neat little head on a scaled down Suffolk body

tristar

Visit site
you have such great ideas, how about pre x akhal teke, or perhaps for me akhal teke x tres sangres, ( arab x tb x pre) and have all that in one horse, dont tempt me, might have a look at akhal teke mares later

but then theres the colour you seem to have a high spec, oh blast i forgot about your husband it might be a bit lightweight for him

GreyMane

Visit site
I might want a fjord x akhal teke for me to ride.

Brown dun x golden buckskin. 14.3hh x 16hh. Fjords are noted for their placid temperaments whereas akhal tekes...

So a shiny, more athletic fjord with a level head but an accelerator pedal.

Nice. Sort of a Fjord Ghia, in gold.

ebay_161897776845_1.jpg

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
you have such great ideas, how about pre x akhal teke, or perhaps for me akhal teke x tres sangres, ( arab x tb x pre) and have all that in one horse, dont tempt me, might have a look at akhal teke mares later

but then theres the colour you seem to have a high spec, oh blast i forgot about your husband it might be a bit lightweight for him

I think I should be sponsored for this. This is my new career goal ?

Nice. Sort of a Fjord Ghia, in gold.

ebay_161897776845_1.jpg

Exactly like that ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
You already have a standaloosa. Or is it an appa-bred?

Given his hypermobility, standaloosa, definitely ?

I must admit I am severely tempted to allow Deza to accidently get into the field where a stunning bay Highland stallion lives with his mares just up the road and breed a Preland/Highspan/Highberian?

Last edited:

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Given his hypermobility, standaloosa, definitely ?

I must admit I am severally tempted to allow Deza to accidently get into the field where a stunning bay Highland stallion lives with his mares just up the road and breed a Preland/Highspan/Highberian?

A highberian would be fantastic!

A preland sounds like what Landrover might launch if it went in to the small car market

Yes, with no white
She was a lovely little cob, proper 'head like a lady, backside like a cook' job
I thought her breeder was very lucky - no one would want a Suffolk head on an Araby body!

That would be hideous ?

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I have always wanted a pure bred arab that is really dark liver chestnut with flaxen mane and tail, Master Design is the only stallion in this country I know of with the colouring.

I need one of these too, I'd like to order a filly please. :)

He's a nice stallion and I'm sure there was an old forum member (Jess and Tiger maybe?) who had a performance arab by him that did everything from side saddle showing to eventing astride.

For that colour KA Damascus is the real standout IMO. Sadly in the USA though. :(

a22572_435765bbde2f4b57aa0f050a712faa07.webp