Can someone please buy me some super glue! (and luck)

ElleJS

Visit site
Well we did a half decent dressage anyway! Even with lots of mistakes! Think we're cracking that one..... Connie liked being stabled by MdS's Ernie!
XC was a great course for my girl and she was back to her normal self after her pulled muscles at Badders and we were flying round clear and up on the clock until a friend of mine turned turtle at the water
frown.gif

We were held for what seems like for ever!! Connie had completely got her breath back and was getting rather agitated so she was on a mission when we were finally started and she lept the table where we were held by miles. Such an awesome horse.
The next fence was called a double of rhombuses, very big square boxes on a 4 strided right angle and after a long gallop Con had locked on to the first, I got her back as slow as I could do and 1, 2 , 3 she fired her self into it and went PING, jumped it ridiculously high as she thought it was a single fence, I pulled left asap and nothing happened then pulled left again and she locked on to the second element- unfortunately her back end completly slipped on the flat and went from under neath her as we went round the corner, so she just thought she would take off 2 strides away at an angle at the widest part!! I know she is scopey and all but there are limits and although she cleared it she banked it with her back legs and it flung me out the side door..... I hanged on for what felt like ages (1 second probably!) but she jilted and I went spalt on my feet pretty much and Connie carried on. I know she is honest but how I wished she had just stopped and picked up an annoying 20... but she was on a mission.....

FRUSTRATING just isn't the word as we have now not completed our last 3 3DAYS for the most silly reasons, whether being held just made Connie too fresh I guess we will never know but someone up there either hates me alot or I am about to have the biggest run off good luck ever ever!!!

Thats 3 things now.
Evil Burghley mushroom, Badminton injury and Bramham jockey ejection.

I'm going to stop entering events beginning with a B.

I am actually finding it rather amusing now, you really do just have to keep picking your self up after knock backs otherwise your in the wrong sport

So positives:

I am due a decent run of luck soon
My pony is back to her normal self
WE ARE CRACKING THE DRESSAGE!

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
Brilliant report - and a superb attitude to your misfortunes, I take my hat off to you!
grin.gif

Wishing you the best of luck for your next run.

Vickijay

Visit site
Poor you! Your still AMAZING to be at that level (I know that prob doesnt help one little bit) but you are. Just go to the other letters of the alphabet events lol

wizoz

Visit site
It's SOOOOO frustrating for you, as she sounds like a super duper mare and I was disappointed for you at Badder's, especially as we were waiting for you to come past us on the xc and give you a big clap
frown.gif

But you'll get there, you'll complete a big 3 day soon, i'm sure of it.
cool.gif

Well done for the rest of it anyway
smile.gif

meardsall_millie

Visit site
I saw you through the first water and thought Connie was just awesome!

Such a shame that you got held for so long (unfortunately I saw the girl fall off - not pleasant for her at all
frown.gif
) and I'm not surprised that things didn't quite go to plan after that.

I did think that maybe events beginning with 'B' weren't the best for you but on the bright side you've now had your run of 3 bad things so things will definitely get better from now on.
wink.gif

Brilliant about dressage btw!
laugh.gif

mik

Visit site
Keep at it, she is a super mare and as you say the dressage is almost there, you will complete soon, and we shall all raise our glasses and cheer here on H+H, watch out it will be a loud one!!!

UncleJr

Visit site
Sad about failure, and glad about Connie and Dressage.
What a good attitude!
cool.gif

You don’t need luck; good riders don’t
wink.gif
Wish you the success you deserve, and the all the best in future events
smile.gif

hannahkirkhill

Visit site
Such a shame - I hate it when you get held...its a night mare getting them settle again!!
But really well done for the dressage
grin.gif

And things really do come in 3's so thats it now, you have finished with bad luck !!
Where are you heading next?

Gamebird

Visit site
Hmmmm, I think you're going to have to go abroad for 3/4*'s now! Too many B's in Britain
tongue.gif

Bless, you do seem to get all the bad luck. Are you going to try Burghley again or is it a total no-no on the B's?? Maybe Pau?

Good to hear that she's back on form though. Out of interest if you hadn't HAD to go home would you have finished the XC?

kerilli

Visit site
let's all pray that that's definitely got your run of crappy luck over then. so glad to hear she was more sensible in the dressage and was back to feeling awesome xc, that's the most important thing, it sounds as if the long hold was the last thing she needed. avoiding events beginning with a B might be tricky...

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Hard luck she is almost too awesome isn't she!! Glad the dressage is on the way up and I am sure your luck will change. I think you had better aim for Pau (no B's and a jumpers course!)

SpottedCat

Visit site
How frustrating, but one of those things as you say - TBH now you're due a top 10 4* finish really!!

Good news on the dressage though.

LauraBR

Visit site
Oh Laura I was sooooo gutted for you!

I was just about to move from my seat at the water and all of a sudden you appeared so I quickly fumbled with my camera and got a few really bad shots... so I sat and waited to see you come back through the other water and then heard the announcement that you had fallen
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Shame you had to get held on course before that too. I witnessed Faith Cook's fall and it was absolutely awful, worst fall I have ever seen, thank god she was ok.

You looked great going through the first water- just popped through it like it was nothing- so many other riders seemed to make it look really hard work.

Wishing you lots and lots and lots of luck for your next one x