Can someone please explain (Mucking out)

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
How I got 3 and half barrowloads out of a 14.1 pony, and only 2 barrowloads out of my 16.1 beast? Did my friends pony for her yesterday and as I was on a training course all day, didn't get down yard until late last night. Cannot believe how much dirtier her pony was to my horse, and as I did pony on Monday as well, I know to what standard he had been mucked out the day before. Also, the pair of them are turned out together so spent roughly the same amount of time in their stables.

miller

Visit site
I'm never sure of that myself!

OH's mare and my gelding are pretty much the same size/type - she has half the feed he does (only in walk work) but we muck out into empty shavings/alfa a bags to tip onto muck trailer.

My gelding - 1/3 bag (when used to use a barrow 1/2 barrow)
OH's mare - 1.5 bags!

shocked.gif

UKa

community.webshots.com
I get confused as to the different amounts of muck I get out of just one horse's stable on different days mine is totally unpredictable - sometimes she is really clean and I am done in no time and sometimes I have to go back and forth to the muck heap ...

welshpony

Visit site
My pony has about half a barrow compared to my horses 2 barrows - they both spend the same amount of time in their stables, horse is just a lot dirtier.

RachelB

Visit site
I came to the conclusion long ago that horses held all-night parties in their box and invited most of the yard, mine did last night as it was a tip and most of it was up her front legs too (and she's grey dammit)! I usually get 1 1/2 barrows from mine but sometimes I can get 3, and most of the other horses on the yard are less than one. I'm dreading my bill this month...
crazy.gif