can someone please explain to me................

JadeWisc

Visit site
Why one of my horses continues to insist on Pooing in the water tank?
smirk.gif

It has happened 3 times now!!!!! I am getting very tired of having to bail out hundreds of gallons of water with a bucket and refill it in the middle of winter
mad.gif

mrgoop

Visit site
hmm, can't help you there. Comical though!! Not for you maybe. Hope you find an answer soon. Oh and hope you not on water meter, lol

Evil_Cookie

Visit site
I dunno, but maybe it would be worth supplying a bucket and see if your horse actually drinks the spoiled water? And if its in a field (I assume) its companions won't be as displeased...
smirk.gif

Horses... you gotta love em...
grin.gif

annie02

Visit site
How high is the water tank? Maybe he is leaning on it to rest his legs. I have a mare with hock problems who leans on her water buckets in the stall to rest her back legs, we put a "seat" in the opposite corner for her to lean on...no more poop in water bucket.

Where do you feed them? Maybe the position he eats his food in puts his butt toward the water and then....well you are cleaning out the water
smile.gif

harvgj19

Visit site
Harv always used to do that in the winter when he was stabled, particularly when he was bored. If I left his feed bowl in with him he would leave me one in there too!

No idea as to why though!