can we have an up to date what pets we have

adamntitch

Visit site
so i have
5 cats ,2 pekin bantams,2 rainbow crabs,1 preying mantis, hundreds of Indian stick insects ,colony of hissing cock roaches ,colony of dairy cow and giant orange isopods
and 30 tarantulas

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
I have 3 house cats, 3 yard cats, 1 bantam cockerel, 1 bantam hen, 3 ex bat rescue hens and 2 ponies. However in the main house there are 2 rats, 2 rabbits, 2 cocker spaniels, 7 more cats and in the garden 5 ducks one of whom is sitting on a clutch of 10 eggs.

I’m seriously thinking of replacing the house sign at the bottom of the drive with one which says Noah’s Ark ?

Juniper Jack

Visit site
Part of me doesn't like these threads, they just feel like a who-has-the-most-animals competition ? maybe it's just me

It isn't just you. I have one cat. We're only allowed one animal in my building but my cat made it very clear to me years ago that she does NOT want a second cat in our home so I won't have a second one again.

adamntitch

Visit site
Part of me doesn't like these threads, they just feel like a who-has-the-most-animals competition ? maybe it's just me, but personally speaking I don't own them for that

hope it does not come across like that am just nosy and love to see what people own or should i say are owned by lol considering my oh is terrified of spiders lol people are shocked i have that many its like there's so many species i have to get them all lol really want some gals again had them years ago
even if someone has just a goldfish or a budgie people that own inverts and arachnids will usally have loads its not like i can stop my hissers or isopods breeding lol

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Adamntitch it doesn’t come across like that at all. Some people post about their animals all the time so we know what they have because it is well documented. We regularly follow some animals from birth onwards and it’s lovley to see updates such as Flower the bogof foal who is now 5 and the apple of her owners eye. Other people rarely post about their animals and it’s always interesting to read about some of the different and more unusual species forum members own.

Personally I don’t own my pets, I am merely a slave to them all ?

nagblagger

Visit site
[QUOTE="Cowrie, post:]Need mule pics?

When i get home i will post one especially for you on the other photo thread.

[QUOTE="Cowrie, post ]Part of me doesn't like these threads, they just feel like a who-has-the-most-animals competition ? maybe it's just me, but personally speaking I don't own them for that[/QUOTE]

Was that directed at me or am i being sensitive.? Sorry if is was interpreted like that, i was just being honest. I didn't even think like that, i am just curious what other people have., would love to know all your species you have, but would probably have to use google to tell me what they are! ;)

[153312]

Visit site
[QUOTE="Cowrie, post:]Need mule pics?

When i get home i will post one especially for you on the other photo thread.

[QUOTE="Cowrie, post ]Part of me doesn't like these threads, they just feel like a who-has-the-most-animals competition ? maybe it's just me, but personally speaking I don't own them for that

Was that directed at me or am i being sensitive.? Sorry if is was interpreted like that, i was just being honest. I didn't even think like that, i am just curious what other people have., would love to know all your species you have, but would probably have to use google to tell me what they are! ;)[/QUOTE]

it wasn't directed at anyone, it was just how these sorts of threads always seem to go. I got a pm the other day calling me an animal hoarder anyway so I'm not listing mine. Easy enough to see what I keep if you go through the photo thread, or I can PM if people really want to know, and I can show setups or do a video tour of everyone to prove I'm not a hoarder too if really wanted/needed.

Last edited:

fiwen30

Visit site
Was that directed at me or am i being sensitive.? Sorry if is was interpreted like that, i was just being honest. I didn't even think like that, i am just curious what other people have., would love to know all your species you have, but would probably have to use google to tell me what they are! ;)

it wasn't directed at anyone, it was just how these sorts of threads always seem to go. I got a pm the other day calling me an animal hoarder anyway so I'm not listing mine. Easy enough to see what I keep if you go through the photo thread, or I can PM if people really want to know, and I can show setups or do a video tour of everyone to prove I'm not a hoarder too if really wanted/needed.[/QUOTE]

Gosh, what a horrible thing to say to someone! I hope it was reported, if it was through here.

I’ve a dog, 2 cats, and a rabbit, though by how much they cost these days we could be mistaken for running a zoo!

[153312]

Visit site
2 cats ?

I'd love a bunny or 2 as I follow the naughty bunny fb page and they're hilarious little creatures but I think OH would murder me. Plus they're not cheap and seem to like to try to die so I couldn't afford one unfortunately.

I'd also love more cats but that's also not allowed ?
Two. You can't have one on its own