"Can yard owner evict me"

sanliberty

New User
Visit site
As of yet I have had nothing in writing but last week my yard owner informed me I will have to move my horses as she does not have planning permission for some of the stables at the yard (which now have to be taken down) and also does not have permission from the council to have paying liveries.
I wish she'd informed me of this before I moved to the yard as I would never have moved there.

She gave me an agreement to sign when I moved to the yard however I never got round to signing it and she never chased it up so never returned it to her.

I am happy to move but am concerned as I have two broodmares due to foal in a couple of months and also two stallions which are never easy to rehome. Legally how quickly can she evict me?

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Um, she didn't have the right to make the contract with you in the first place
blush.gif

The rule of reasonableness will hopefully come into force here to give you time to get moved.

Nailed

Visit site
well.. all in all.. Shes illegal.. and she can kick you off now as theres not contract.. so I suggest you go stable hunting!

Lou x

sanliberty

New User
Visit site
The council have given three months notice so today YO has issued me with a letter giving me three months notice. What a complete nightmare. Hopefully I am meeting up with a friend this week who should be able to help if not I think I will just have to split the horses up and send them to different yards for the time being.