Can you add markings to passports?

Equi

Visit site
Or is it even called a marking? My little dude was passported at 4 months old, so he had a foal coat coming in to winter. When his summer coat was through he had a clear large white spot under his right ribs that you only see in summer. He is just passported as "chestnut" and four white socks up to pastern. Its not very special in that it could be any other chestnut miniature out there (though there are not that many of them out there actually..people don't seem to like them)

ihatework

Visit site
You would most likely need a vet to update a formal markings sheet and then get the passport upgraded with the PIO. I had to do it with my foal when the vet missed off markings

Taliesan

Visit site
The vet missed off a bit of white on my boy's left hind coronet. I asked the passport issuing office about it and they just said to draw in the white on the markings sheet in the passport myself. I will be sending photos along as well so they can see that what I have done is correct.

I was expecting them to tell me to get a new formal markings sheet but, as it is such a tiny bit of white, I don't think they are that bothered.