Can you ever get miniature Shetlands needing a home

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
That don't cost the earth!

Have one Shetty already and would like to find him a friend as I hate seeing horses out on their own. Hubby says I can get a friend as long as its a miniature Shetty as he thinks they are gorgeous (this coming from a non horsey person).
Went looking for one - has to be a gelding and they are really expensive!

Can you ever get them from a rescue centre? If so do you know any that I could approach?

Many thanks in advance :)

NeverSayNever

Visit site
there is a fb page, shetlands needing homes or something like that, a lot of minis come up on there. Also. try Mountains Animal Sanctuary and the bigger SSPCA centres... i was in one recently an overheard them taking a call from someone looking to hand in a mini but they couldnt take it as they already had 16 small ponies in!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I got mine for free and he is an utter superstar... There is a Shetland rehoming group on face book based in Scotland.

:D

66B30F2F-06B7-4B07-896A-C42B8947998D-699-00000067EFDD2A52_zpsad01c8fe.jpg

ghostie-x

Visit site
Paid for one and got given the other, they were both from the same stud and grew up together in a private home before we had them.Both been ridden (the black one has had a very competitive career with my little sister) and are absolute stars. I don't think I would ever be without one of these little ponies, they are so much fun! :D

316648_10150888479270164_230069162_n.jpg

showjump

Visit site
I unfortunately found on dumped today dead, legs tied together, little black and white colt. Poor thing, shame cos I would like one myself as a companion but hey hoy too late. Police have been and put a cordon out and it's still there!

Good luck sure you will find one soon, maybe put it on fbook groups?

SpruceRI

Visit site
There's a charity near me in Sussex that has about 40 as one of my friends 'rescued' a poor tiny little stallion, he was castrated and went to this charity. I'm sure most are drowning in small ponies!

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
FW - what a gorgeous pony! :D

Ghostie - I love my current gelding, he is only 2yo and is extrememly useful when needing a pony companion, the reason I'm looking for another is that when the big boys are out, he lives on his own (as Larry bully's him) and i'd like him to have a companion friend.

Showjump - thats so sad, why are people so cruel :(

Spruce - shame the charity is so far away, maybe they would rehome scotland!

Thanks for all your help/advice.

Ilovefoals

Visit site
There's one on a fb group near me (Aberdeen) that's free to a good home. Probably too far for you. I'm trying so hard to resist but he's liver chestnut and sooooo cute!!!

ConnieX

Visit site
Might be worth giving the ILPH ( or whatever they call themselves now) at belwade a call. I know a few people who have rehomed companion ponies from there :)