Can you get chew toys for horses?

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
Like big squeaky rubber bones?
Big horse loves to chew anything she can get her gob around and I think she'd love a squeaky toy for christmas
grin.gif

Is there anything I could get for her to play with that won't cost the earth? A snack-a-ball is on the list, anything else?

x

Ludi-doodi

photobucket.com
I've often said that it must be possible to make an equine dummy - my lad loves to chew on anything but favourite must be toggles on people's coats! I see something bigger than apple so they can't choke made out of the same material as rubber bits - perhaps flavoured? If there are any equine manufacturers reading this, it's my idea (can this thread count my copywrite? LOLng )

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Get a branch!

My trainer recommended one for my new boy who loves to chew on things, so I got my Dad to raid the apple tree in his garden. He cut off two arm sized branches, drilled holes through the top and they are now tied up in the stable. Neddie loves them, has started to strip the bark and nibble at the edges. Best thing is they were totally free!

_daisy_

Visit site
recently been talking to one of my instructors about one of my ponies who absolutely loves chewing things, especially wood and gets worse when shes stressed. She recommended I get a lump of wood - hawthorne, apple anything like that so she has something to chew rather than the stable or her rug rail which is now coming high on her chewing list.
Goign to see if i can find her one.