Can you help me name my horse please?

claracanter

Visit site
I have a brown 7 yr old ex racehorse and I want to start doing a bit of unaffiliated dressage,showing, jumping etc. but I am really not keen on his 'posh' name

Racing name: Blantyre ( yuck)

Stable name: Ted

Sire: Generous, Dam: Bella Macrae

Anyone got any suggestions please?

Coldfeet!

Visit site
I like his name, he is who he is, wetherbys wouldnt change it anyway, I always think it is bad luck to change a horse's name.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Tricky one. How about XYZ of Blantyre ?

Duke of Blantyre. A play on his royal connections maybe ?

If his stable name is Ted, maybe Edward of Blantyre. Could Blantyre be an area in Scotland, perhaps google the name to see what/where it is or means.

claracanter

Visit site
Tricky one. How about XYZ of Blantyre ?

Duke of Blantyre. A play on his royal connections maybe ?

If his stable name is Ted, maybe Edward of Blantyre. Could Blantyre be an area in Scotland, perhaps google the name to see what/where it is or means.

Nice suggestions. Yes, it's a place in Scotland.

s4sugar

Visit site
What is wrong with Blantyre? I though you were going to say his name was Tesco or similar instead of a village in South Lanarkshire. Try using a rolling r when you say it :)

Ted isn't too bad, much better than my mare who was called Patch before I bought her but pick a name you are happy to shout down the field.

claracanter

Visit site
What is wrong with Blantyre? I though you were going to say his name was Tesco or similar instead of a village in South Lanarkshire. Try using a rolling r when you say it :)

Ted isn't too bad, much better than my mare who was called Patch before I bought her but pick a name you are happy to shout down the field.

I love the name Ted, I just wanted something for unaffiliated comps.

The rolling RRR- Good tip!;)

claracanter

Visit site
When I tell people his registered name, most people dont like it but judging from everyones' contributions on here, it's a good name.

claracanter

Visit site