Can you help with livery cost query, please?!

sunnygirlfriend

New User
Visit site
Hi
Can you help please? I have kept my 14.2hh arab at grass livery for most of his life, and pay seventy five pounds a month for DIY grass livery in Kent (near Maidstone), including use of outdoor arena, but everything else is extra.

I am considering finding somewhere with DIY / assisted livery with turnout and stables, as he is getting on a bit now, and I would like to monitor his feed intake more, but am 'out of the loop' - how much does it cost these days?! I am after either DIY or assisted DIY for in the week.

Hope you can give me some ideas, thanks
SG

JessPickle

Visit site
£240 on working livery, I do all the mucking our etc at the weekend (as I work up the yard anyway!) the price includes all bedding hay, feed and use of brand new indoor school.

aran

community.webshots.com
I pay £25/week DIY in Herts. Includes large stable, good well kept fields, new outdoor school, excellent hacking, tack room and feed room. Straw is £1/bale shavings £5.50 and hay £3. They put in am feeds but T/O, B/I, M/O is extra

SummerStorm

Visit site
£100/month including use of the school, big fields, large stables and good hacking. No bedding/food included though...

vanessahook

Visit site
I am also in Kent, Swanley area. I used to pay £260 a month for assisted livery that was Monday to Friday everything done but i supplied hay, feed, bedding nothing extra for using facilities.
For pure D.I.Y in this area you're looking at £140 a month.
Im now on full livery and its £390 a month.
Hope these prices help.

holly_and_ria

Visit site
I am on a livery yard.

We Rent a field...buy feed...and pay for use of the yard.

The field rent is about £25.00 per month
The rent on the yard is about £150 a month
The feed varies at cost from £6.00 - £25.00
The blacksmith etc. comes to the yard! which is good.
The stable rent is about £40.00 per month in the winter and £25.00 in the summer.
There is also a date book....in this you can write down if you want a full livery..skip out...muck out...feed...feed and hay...feed and check...check...ALL OF THESE COSTS VARY FROM £6.00 TO £19.00!
ANYTHING ELSE JUST WRITE TO ME!
xxxxxxxxxx
smirk.gif
grin.gif
cool.gif
laugh.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
ooo.gif
<span style="color:pink"> </span>

tormor

Visit site
I pay £80 p/m this includes all year turnout (no muddy muddy fields), use of a school and private land to hack on and as much hay/haylige as you can stuff into them.

sunnygirlfriend

New User
Visit site
Thanks to all who replied with costs for livery, it has really highlighted the differences in cost, presumably across the country!
I am on a budget but am hoping to get stable and field for a bout 100 pounds a month. Can't believe I am thinking about winter stabling in August!
Thanks
SG