Can you help?!

dizzydolly

Visit site
Hi everyone.

I need a bit of help! I am trying to help a local farmer, who has had to sell up the dairy and is looking to diversify. He was asking about a livery yard, so i am doing a bit of market research for him.

I have a quick questionnaire here that i was wanting some views on. If you could fill it out and help, please email me or something, and i can email it back to you.

Would be most appreciated, plus any tips you may have (ie. dont do it!)

Thank you in advance!
smile.gif

Louby

Visit site
Hi, I moved to a farm a few years ago that was in exactly the same position. It was a slow learning curve but he now has a thriving DIY livery business. When we moved there, there were no stables and a very large lush field that he had dedicated for horses. We asked him to make us a smaller paddock to start with. Couldnt understand why we didnt want the luss grass and the Barb wire came out!! A couple of months later the first 10 boxes were made, lovely but too small. 10 x 12 and on the narrowest concrete base seen. We got over the early teething problems as there were only 10 of us and we all got on great. However a couple of years later and accidents (fatal!) were happening regulary and the barb wire was replaced with electric fencing (didnt always work) but there is now about 50 horses in a 30 acre field split down the middle with electric fencing for mares and geldings. I moved off when we were up to 30 horses. It was great at the start but things got worse as the yard got bigger and bigger as they just werent horsey.

Tempi

Visit site
morning!!!
smile.gif

Il fill it in, PM it to me (ive nothing better to do at work).

Hope all is well. I wont be at the yard sunday as going to watch the Cartier International Polo (WAYHAY!!) - all those nice rich men, i cant wait
wink.gif
smirk.gif