Can you put......

Str0ppyMare

Visit site
quiet and thoroughbred in the same sentence??

Got a call tonight from a lady who said she is selling her 10 year old gelding tb, that he is very quiet, when hacking on the road he looks at nothing.

She said that he used to be a racehorse, but now she can let her 10 year old daughter ride him!

Hes 15.2hh.

Str0ppyMare

Visit site
Meant that the horse was a 10 year old gelding and the 6 year old daughter rides it.

Im looking for something that will be quiet, and for £500 I feel like tearing her arm off lol

JaneMBE

Visit site
yep. Eric was a very quiet laid back chappy. Occasionally jumped at nothing but generally a perfect horse
smile.gif

JAK

Visit site
We have a TB mare on our yard who is a total 'dope on a rope' - eldest daughter loves fetching her in for her owner, as she's just like a big dog, ambling along beside you!
laugh.gif

Her 'dolly out the pram' moments consist mainly of turning slowly in a circle or shuffling slowly backwards - you'd have to actually try to get dropped off her I reckon! LOL

Lovely horse - thick as a plank sadly but very gentle & trustworthy!
laugh.gif

Kelly1982

Visit site
The TB mare we just sold was really quite (i even had to wind her up with spurs when someone was trying her out once LOL) and if all the others were going mental in the field she would just stand and watch instead of getting involved.