Can you walk the cross country course at Badminton?

ed&arch

Visit site
Hi,

I was just wondering if you are allowed to walk the XC course at Badminton early Saturday morning as a spectator?

Thanks

Dancing_Diva

Visit site
Not sure about early morning but when I went once the last horse to go had completed the course they then allowed the public to walk the course.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Yes you can, but you'll be accompanied by about 200,000 other people! All spectators have to stay outside of the roped off areas, so you can't get right up close to the jumps. We walked the course today, and spectators were still not allowed close up to the fences.

Get there for when the gates open first thing. It all gets very crowded very quickly.

{97702}

Visit site
Yes you can, but it will be taped off around the actual fences. That always used to be my routine at Badminton, avoid the queues by turning up as soon as the gates open, walk the course when it’s lovely and quiet (apart from the odd competitor!) then have some breakfast and do some shopping before the XC starts 😊

Don’t do what I did though and assume it is quiet so you can let your dog off the lead.... my lurcher promptly legged it off after another lurcher and they had a lovely time running around together.... the other lurcher belonged to William Fox-Pitt who was absolutely charming about it 🙄😄😄